Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Taplist.io  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
Taplist.io
« on: March 16, 2021, 04:49:34 pm »
My neighbor and brewing friend showed this to me, and I just got it today. Taplist.io, and it is really cool. I have a 55" TV in the bar, so we use this for our draft beer menu.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 05:24:35 pm by TXFlyGuy »

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
Re: Taplist.io
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 06:02:19 pm »
That beats using the tv as a tv, a big pet peeve of mine. No good bar has a tv playing, conversation makes a bar. I can’t stand it when there are televisions playing in bars.
But I don’t have tv at my house either, so I guess it’s just the cross I have to bear.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 06:05:56 pm »
That beats using the tv as a tv, a big pet peeve of mine. No good bar has a tv playing, conversation makes a bar. I can’t stand it when there are televisions playing in bars.
But I don’t have tv at my house either, so I guess it’s just the cross I have to bear.

Most of the bars I've been in (Europe) have several large TV's going. Mostly sports (Soccer). We just listen to music in my bar, jazz, smooth jazz, etc. So the TV makes a great menu!

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 09:07:28 pm »
I looked at Taplist.io but went with Raspberry Pints. I overcomplicated the set up but it was super easy when I realized I was dumb

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 04:54:45 am »
For those using a brewing software program, Taplist will integrate with it, showing all of the data for each beer on tap, such as ABV, OG, FG, etc.
Very cool!
Plus you can customize the display with many options, even uploading photos to show off your world class brews.

Offline waltsmalt

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 08:28:28 am »
Is there a subscription fee for taplist.io?

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2021, 11:59:07 am »
Depends what features you want. Another reason I went with another system.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2021, 03:57:10 pm »

The base package is free. If you have no more than 4 taps, the base package is all you need. I bought a subscription only because we needed more than 4 tap displays.
It's only $39/year, and the features you get are well worth the price. All sorts of custom options. You can make your home bar rival any high dollar lounge in the big city!
I am having a blast with this!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 07:37:46 pm by TXFlyGuy »

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 08:11:04 am »
Just another example of custom displays available, here showing an "On Deck" beer. You can load your own background. Custom beer photos. The options are limitless!

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2021, 10:01:36 am »
Is this simply a display app, or is there other functionality aside from the images I'm seeing? This looks like something I could throw together in PowerPoint, Word, GIMP, MSPaint, etc. pretty easily, and for way less than 40 bucks a year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2021, 10:18:00 am »
Is this simply a display app, or is there other functionality aside from the images I'm seeing? This looks like something I could throw together in PowerPoint, Word, GIMP, MSPaint, etc. pretty easily, and for way less than 40 bucks a year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You can get the app, and display on any device...iPad, iPhone, laptop, etc., at no charge.

I bought a Firestick from Amazon. Then downloaded the app there. In addition, Firestick gives you unlimited access to other programming, games, movies, etc.

Offline Lazy Ant Brewing

• Brewmaster
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2021, 09:10:47 am »

Amen to the statement that conversation makes a bar!  If you want to watch TV, fill your growler and take it home.
It's easier to get information from the forum than to sacrifice virgins to appease the brewing gods when bad beer happens!

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2021, 09:19:50 am »

Amen to the statement that conversation makes a bar!  If you want to watch TV, fill your growler and take it home.

Absolutely! That's why all the good bars with large screen TV's have the volume muted.
We have music going in our bar...good jazz music!
And the conversation flows, almost as fast as the beer!