Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Loral Hops  (Read 946 times)

Offline purduekenn

• Brewer
Loral Hops
« on: November 05, 2019, 07:04:43 am »
I recently used Loral hops in a 3.5 gal Helles style beer. The beer had nice gentle lemon flavor with noble hop flavor. Bittering charge with magnum and added 14g Loral at 5min and 14g Loral with a hop stand. Anyone else tried Loral in lagers and suggestions with other hops to use with Loral?

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Loral Hops
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 07:32:28 am »
I've done a german pils with them that was enjoyable. I threw in a couple of ounces for dry hop I believe while the kettle hops were Mittelfruh. As you mentioned it's a nice hop and works well in lagers with noble hops. I'm not sure it work very well in an aggressively hopped beer.
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 08:07:25 am »
Iv'e used Loral American Nobles in a lager and Loral cryo in ales.  Enjoyed them both.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 08:45:07 am »
One brewer in my homebrew club has consistent winners with an IPL using Loral (entered in Specialty IPA category).
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"