Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Zymurgy app frustrations  (Read 6760 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Zymurgy app frustrations
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 11:01:21 am »
The android app does log you out. That is a pain. Just got a "your session timed out" and booted. Please just check in the background if my account is still active but don't log me off. I'm using a mondo 'can't remember this password on pain of death' and it is a pain to look up elsewhere and type it back in. This is the only app on my phone that does this atm.

Has there been any traction or at least recognition that this is a feature flaw and must be fixed? Lots of talk about this on the interwebs, even at my brew club. In this thread people bring it up (and esp on google play) but you don't see anyone at AHA even acknowledging this is an issue. Is there a reason for this? We are paying members using a member only/paid service and I think we deserve a bit more support. If this was a free service, then I could see why it isn't a priority.

You'd get better responses contacting the AHA directly.  Try Duncan Bryant......duncan@brewersassociation.org.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline noiz2

• 1st Kit
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2019, 04:13:15 pm »
Hello,

Are there any plans to release the app for the Kindle Store?

Thanks
I would like an answer to this also.  Folks who have android phones are just sideloading the file but if your phone is an Apple you are SOL.  You don't even have to put it in the Kindle store just link to the ap file would work for Kindle users.
There are a bunch of us and Google won't let a Kindle in the store.

Offline Leeman

• 1st Kit
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2019, 09:54:22 pm »
Wow this thread is from 2015 and here its 2019 and the problem app is still a loser. Maybe I will not renew my subscription. Zymurgy keeps closing when I try to view a magazine. I dont even see the download on my Android tablet.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2019, 08:39:38 am »
Wow this thread is from 2015 and here its 2019 and the problem app is still a loser. Maybe I will not renew my subscription. Zymurgy keeps closing when I try to view a magazine. I dont even see the download on my Android tablet.

I use Android devices and have no problem with the app .
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Dwight Spitzer

• 1st Kit
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2019, 06:06:45 pm »
I'm on Android and all used to be good, on both Samsung phone and tablet.  Lately tablet won't load issues, even though it shows the list of covers.  I get "Zumergy has stopped" and a close or retry option.  Still working on phone,  just small text.   :(
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 11:14:08 am by Dwight Spitzer »

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2019, 08:33:44 am »

iPad user here with no issues. I do have to re-download older issues that I haven't opened in several months but it only takes a mater of seconds for them to download. Works so well that I opted out of getting the magazine when I renewed recently and now get the digital version only.
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2019, 03:47:34 pm »
I'm on Android and have no problems.  I do have to redownload issues I haven't accessed in a long time, but I figure that's not a glitch, just the way it works.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline Philip

• 1st Kit
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2019, 03:57:32 pm »
I live in Mexico. I renewed my AHA membership and selected, and paid for, the option to have both the print and electronic versions of Zymurgy available to me.  The snail mail here in Mexico is horrendous and barley manages to deliver bills, much less magazines.  I my most recent two years of membership I have received exactly two print issues of Zymurgy.  While I read the electronic version of Zymurgy on my Ipad I much prefer to have the print version for all of the preceding reasons.  Why is it so difficult to not allow members to be able to download or, at least, print the issues of Zymurgy?  I can screen print each page but that is time consuming and of lesser quality.  Any ideas how to overcome this apparent lack of forethought or consideration for the membership?  Thanks in advance.  Oh, and by the way, the pinche Preview button does not work on my Windows 10 machine.

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2019, 05:17:46 pm »
I would hazard a guess that it's due to copyright issues. If you can copy and print you can copy and publish.
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato