Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: It appears I'm not brewing for a while.  (Read 3916 times)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
It appears I'm not brewing for a while.
« on: August 25, 2010, 11:46:14 pm »
 The movers finally made it here to Idaho with our stuff. What a fiasco. It's a long story, but the Cliff Notes are this.....They were 2 days late picking up in Ohio, and 2 days late dropping off in Idaho. We were quoted 2200$, And ended up paying 5800$. All of our boxes look like accordions, and a lot of stuff is broke. Washer and dryer, that are rather new, and were very expensive are scratched and dented, and the control panel was knocked off the washer. My computer  / work desk is smashed beyond use, and our furniture is cover in chips, scratches and gouges. My mattress was strapped to the back of the trailer, and we ended up with a few things that do not belong to us.
 I found out from the dude I worked for in the sheet metal shop, where our stuff was stored, that they were not going to take 90% of my stuff, as there was no room on the truck for it. He insisted they take it, so, to make room, he wathched them take others peoples boxes off the truck, and THROW THEM IN THE DUMPSTER!!!!!! We were also charged 800$ for packing, and materials, when we had everything packed.
   They were not able to get all our stuff on the truck, so they left our 16', 1000 gallon swimming pool, a coffe table, about half a dozen boxes, and....here goes....all 5 of my cornies, my 15.5 gal keg, both my propane tanks, and both my CO2 tanks.
     You can all bet, there is hell to be paid. THey will experience the wrath of the Weaze!!!  >:(
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: It appears I'm not brewing for a while.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 12:26:19 am »
That is outrageous! I assume they're just scamming everyone they come into contact with. Holding their possessions hostage. Was it a well known moving company? I'd be suing some butt. Writing letters and making phone calls.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 12:36:32 am »
That's seriously messed up!  I wonder if your stuff is coming later or if it ended up in the dumpster too.  Unbelievable.  I definitely want to read updates as you visit the wrath of the Weaze upon them.

So the stuff that didn't belong to you . . . anything good? :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 04:59:34 am »
That is completely unacceptable.  Is this a franchise or independent moving company.  Did you submit a complaint and claim for damage.  What was their excuse for all of this nonsense???
Ron Price

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 05:37:24 am »
I guess they don't rely on repeat business do they... or they're reputation for new business.  Very uncool!
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada

Offline dhacker

• Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 05:51:55 am »
That's seriously messed up!  I wonder if your stuff is coming later or if it ended up in the dumpster too.  Unbelievable.  I definitely want to read updates as you visit the wrath of the Weaze upon them.

Or the brew stuff ended up at some other person's home where a big ol' batch of beer is being made while Weaze is being screwed!
Just brew it...

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 06:57:57 am »
Did you get any pictures of your stuff before the move?

Offline dj99

• Cellarman
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 07:33:02 am »
Yikes!

If it makes you feel any better (probably not), the moving van can not legally haul propane tanks.  When we moved cross country, I hauled those myself.  Our only mishap was that I had included a small lead-acid battery in one of the garage boxes, which was unintentionally illegal.  The bonehead movers put that box on its side, and the battery leaked.  Why would you assume you can put square boxes any side up?

I loves to Homebrew!
(in SW Washington)

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 08:21:14 am »
That's unbelievable. No, I take that back... I believe it, but it's ridiculous. We had stuff moved across country with no big mishaps other than the industry standard last-minute price gouging.

If I had it to do over again, I'd get a POD and hire day labor on each end.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 08:46:12 am »
We went through Budget Vanlines, who leased to North American Transport. We have pictures of all the damage, have filed a complaint with the D.O.T., and budget vanlines, as well as a damage report. I think we are also going to get ahold of the Atty. General.
 I know for a fact that my stuff was not dumped. Like I said, everything was inthe sheet meatal shop where I worked in Ohio. My old boss and his wife watched it go down.
  As for the propane tanks, and CO2 tanks, yes it's againt D.O.T. regulations to carry them full, but not empty, like mine were. These clowns didn't even check. I'll keep you updated in the days to come.

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 03:26:44 pm »
      They will experience the wrath of the Weaze!!!  >:(

Time to break out that old pirate outfit. Time to kick some a$$ and chew some bubblegum...
And I'm all out of bubblegum.  >:(
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 06:57:08 pm »
I don't even like bubblegum!!!  >:(

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 07:16:40 pm »
Weaz...I noticed your location is poca-hell-hole,  Idaho.

I'm afraid to ask where exactly that might be.  :-\
Ron Price

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 07:21:07 pm »
Anything you packed - is called PBO (packed by owner) and it's pretty much as if it didn't exist. The packing they did for you should have come with an inventory slip and all that stuff is claimable. Good luck, been there - done that - lost my T-shirt.

The moral majority, is neither.

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 08:30:10 pm »
Weaz...I noticed your location is poca-hell-hole,  Idaho.

I'm afraid to ask where exactly that might be.  :-\

Southeast corner. It's actually Pocatello. Poca-hell-hole is my affecionate nickname for it. Spend a day here. I need say no more.