Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New Homebrew Club in the Naperville / Plainfield IL Area  (Read 5189 times)

Offline FermentEd

• 1st Kit
New Homebrew Club in the Naperville / Plainfield IL Area
« on: August 26, 2010, 04:49:44 am »
Hey Guys,

Some of us west/southwest Chicago burb brewers are pulling together a New Homebrew Club.

If you’re a homebrewer from Plainfield, Naperville, Oswego, Joliet, Aurora, Bolingbrook or anywhere in between and beyond, please join us at 7:00 PM on Thursday, September 9th at Limestone Brewing Company (12337 S Route 59 Plainfield, IL 60585).

You can bring samples of your homebrews and meet local fellow homebrewers. We will discuss aspects related to forming this new club, such as: club name (we’ll be looking for some creative suggestions from you!), club officers, club activities, future events, contests, etc.

Limestone Brewing Company is offering a 20% discount on food items! Meet Ken McMullen, Limestone’s Brewmaster. Enjoy an evening out and be part of something new!

If you are interested, reply here or contact us at our temporary email: plainfieldbrewclub@gmail.com

Offline Rhoobarb

• Assistant Brewer
Re: New Homebrew Club in the Naperville / Plainfield IL Area
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 08:32:50 am »
Just a reminder that this is this Thursday, Sept. 9th!  I'll be there.
"Brewing beer to save money makes as much sense as buying a boat to cut costs on a fish dinner." -- Tim French

>^,,^<
Rhoobarb
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicken-City-Ale-Raisers/118689024850197

Offline Beertracker

• Brewer
  • ExperiFermenting since 1994!
    • Fellowship of Oklahoma Ale Makers (FOAM)
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 05:38:27 pm »
Forgive my geographical ignorance, but aren't there already several local homebrew clubs (BOSS, Brewers Syndicate, Silverado, UKG) in that area? However, I can certainly understand doing your own thing. Carry on & good luck!  ;)     
CHEERS! Jeff
"A homebrewed beer is truly a superior beer." ~ "Buffalo" Bill Owens - American Brewer

Jeffrey Swearengin
Fellowship of Oklahoma Ale Makers (FOAM)
Tulsa, OK USA

Offline FermentEd

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 08:59:15 am »
Forgive my geographical ignorance, but aren't there already several local homebrew clubs (BOSS, Brewers Syndicate, Silverado, UKG) in that area? However, I can certainly understand doing your own thing. Carry on & good luck!  ;)     
The closest to Plainfield would be UKG. They are a fine club as are the others, but traveling to Winfield would be 20 miles and about 45 minutes. Through participation on several forums and connections with Limestone Brewing Company we estimate there may be as many as 20 to 30 homebrewers in our area, and Limestone is being very supportive in our efforts. We would also be far more accessible to those west and south of us as well.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 10:46:18 am »
We have a lot of clubs in the Seattle area, most are pretty small but they do what works for that group in terms of meeting times/locations.  I can make a lot of club meetings within a 60 minute drive, but I'm only a member of two (both less than 30 minutes).  Anyway, my point is that you can have a lot more than one club in any given area if there are the people to support them.

Here's a map of their approximate locations.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline Rhoobarb

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 09:29:50 am »
Just to update, the club now has a name: Plainfield Ale & Lager Enthusiasts (P.A.L.E.). Our next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 11th. If you haven't made a meeting yet, pencil in the 11th. Also, Limestone Brewing gives P.A.L.E. members 20% off their food orders during the meeting!
"Brewing beer to save money makes as much sense as buying a boat to cut costs on a fish dinner." -- Tim French

>^,,^<
Rhoobarb
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicken-City-Ale-Raisers/118689024850197

Offline drawtap88

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 08:04:59 am »
Next meeting has been moved to November 4th at Limestone.  Also participating in the Learn to Homebrew Day on November 6th between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. at Limestone.  Stop by and say hey.

Offline FermentEd

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 09:48:41 am »
Next meeting has been moved to November 4th at Limestone.  Also participating in the Learn to Homebrew Day on November 6th between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. at Limestone.  Stop by and say hey.

Thanks for that update. I would like to add that all of our future monthly meetings will be held on the first Thursday of every month at 7:00 PM - Limestone Brewing Company, 12337 Rt 59, Plainfield, IL.

Offline joelambic

• Cellarman
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 09:56:24 am »
Next meeting has been moved to November 4th at Limestone.  Also participating in the Learn to Homebrew Day on November 6th between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. at Limestone.  Stop by and say hey.

Thanks for that update. I would like to add that all of our future monthly meetings will be held on the first Thursday of every month at 7:00 PM - Limestone Brewing Company, 12337 Rt 59, Plainfield, IL.
Bummer! That conflicts with the Chicago Beer Society's monthly meetings.  I understand not many of the far suburban folks would go to both but it would be a conflict for some of us.