Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Schwarzbier On nitro?  (Read 1000 times)

Offline trapae

• Brewer
Schwarzbier On nitro?
« on: May 11, 2020, 10:19:08 am »
Has anyone done this? Any opinions? I don’t think it goes against the Reinheitsgebot.  Thanks.
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
Re: Schwarzbier On nitro?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 10:38:21 am »
It does not violate any Purity Laws as far as I know.  I assume you would be putting it through a Nitro Faucet??
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline Die Beerery

• Cellarman
  • Stuff and Things
    • Low Oxygen Brewing
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 11:05:26 am »
A few things off the top of my head.

Americans tend to brew these beers like stouts anyways, and not the helles with a hint of roast they are so I don't think it matters much.

If you are worried about the RHB, then I would assume you used a natural carbing method before your dispense? If not, it matters little anyways since it's probably already broken a number of the rules.

You will not see this in Germany, because the real beers, do not share really any of the qualities of a stout (see first sentence).

The Beerery-Simply, Made, Perfect. Professional Brewing Consultant.
Head Brewer at The Beerery And Other Undisclosed Locations.
Some of my Mindless Brewing Ramblings
Youtube Channel

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 12:16:37 pm »
Sounds tasty to me regardless.
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline trapae

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 12:21:29 pm »
Actually not worried about the Reinheitsgebot at all.  I have three tabs and one is hooked up for a dedicated nitro with nitro faucet. I put stouts and porters on that while the others are being used. Just wondering if anyone has put a dark lager on nitro and how it turned out?
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 12:46:54 pm »
Actually not worried about the Reinheitsgebot at all.  I have three tabs and one is hooked up for a dedicated nitro with nitro faucet. I put stouts and porters on that while the others are being used. Just wondering if anyone has put a dark lager on nitro and how it turned out?

Give it a shot and let us know!  Sounds interesting!
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉