Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Regulator Rebuild-Is it worth it?? And, is there an inexpensive O2 regulator?  (Read 894 times)

Offline GotWort?

• 1st Kit
Hi All- I am just getting back into brewing after a 30 year hiatus. I will be kegging this go-around.Had several Taprite and Micro co2 regulators and wonder whether rebuilding them is worth the effort versus just buying new. 2 leak when the secondary is set to zero pressure and the tank is turned off but the regulator high side is pressurized. Drops 400psi over night.
Additionally, I want to oxygenate my wort before fermentation. I have a 10cuft o2 tank and wonder whether there is an inexpensive way to drop the pressure. Is a welding regulator sufficient? Thanks all for your collective wisdom!!

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
I have a 10cuft o2 tank and wonder whether there is an inexpensive way to drop the pressure.

You can get a regulator for an O2 tank on Amazon for $22.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Welcome back to home brewing. I took a hiatus a while back as well.

I think rebuilding CO2 regulators is worth it.  You can get them for ~$10-$15 and they’re pretty easy to install.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
I rebuilt a taprite co2 regulator about a year ago. It was low priced and pretty easy to do. Would I do it again, yes. I recently bought an extra co2 tank for a spare and to use when bottling. Bought a cheap regulator [made in China] to use with it. The regulator was $40 shipping included. I have yet to see how well it works.
Mike F.                                                                              “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”

Abraham Lincoln

Offline GotWort?

• 1st Kit
Thanks so much for your quick answer!