Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Briess Synergy Select Pilsen Malt  (Read 1951 times)

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Briess Synergy Select Pilsen Malt
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2020, 06:28:33 am »
I have brewed with Briess Full Pint. I liked it but it’s not easy to find with free shipping. A hydroponics store in New York will ship free but I moved to More Beer for various other reasons and they don’t have it so I moved on.

Great Western also has Full Pint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Northern Brewer has Briess Full Pint.

I am also a fan of MoreBeer. I just ordered 10# Viking 2-row extra pale to try that for some light ales. On the other hand, I recently went through 50 pounds of Root Shoots Genie Pale. It was a bit darker and more flavorful than standard 2-row. I enjoyed that extra flavor and have been looking for economical alternatives. Mecca Grade sounds good but seems too expensive.

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
Re: Briess Synergy Select Pilsen Malt
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2020, 09:06:17 am »
I hear Full Pint is really good.

It certainly is.

That's surprising to hear coming from you, Denny. I was under the impression that you were not a fan of anything Briess.

I had a sack of the Synergy Select a couple years ago and for whatever reason, every beer I made with it resulted in hazy wort and the beers took forever to clear. Didn't have that issue with any other malts at the time.

Full Pint is a malting barley variety developed by Oregon State University. Briess markets a pale malt made from it called Full Pint. Mecca Grade uses it for their Pelton Pils and LaMonta Pale malts.
Aha, that is good to know. Thanks for the clarification.
Jesse

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2020, 09:54:33 am »
I hear Full Pint is really good.

It certainly is.

That's surprising to hear coming from you, Denny. I was under the impression that you were not a fan of anything Briess.

I had a sack of the Synergy Select a couple years ago and for whatever reason, every beer I made with it resulted in hazy wort and the beers took forever to clear. Didn't have that issue with any other malts at the time.

Full Pint is a malting barley variety developed by Oregon State University. Briess markets a pale malt made from it called Full Pint. Mecca Grade uses it for their Pelton Pils and LaMonta Pale malts.
Aha, that is good to know. Thanks for the clarification.

And actually Mecca Grade uses it for all of their malts. 
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2020, 06:42:32 pm »
I've been wanting to try briess full pint and synergy select but have also had issues tracking it down. Hard to find time for a malt side by side test as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline purduekenn

• Brewer
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2020, 05:20:37 am »
ritebrew.com from Wisconsin has Briess Full Pint Pilsner for $1.10 per pound and Briess Synergy Select Pilsen Malt for $1.05 per pound.