Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Rep's System - Single tier  (Read 7839 times)

Offline rep

• Cellarman
Rep's System - Single tier
« on: November 19, 2009, 05:23:19 am »
Here is a picture of my new system.  I converted from a gravity fed wooden structure using propane to this single tier system powered by natural gas.  In mid conversion I bought a country home and will need to convert again.  I think I will build an electric system and probably convert this one to propane.

My new place will have a garage to be converted to a brew shed.

Wear Wool, Sit on Leather, Ride Lugged Steel

Offline slimsparty

• Assistant Brewer
  • 1882 Brewery
Re: Rep's System - Single tier
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 07:32:31 am »
Rep? From BeerSmith? 

I like that one a lot.  I am MILES from a brutus system.  No money, I still feel like I need to learn more hard knock brewing.  I like this setup because it gives you some efficiencies, but it is still "4 ingredients and fire"   :D

Offline rep

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 07:38:01 am »
Rep? From BeerSmith? 

I like that one a lot.  I am MILES from a brutus system.  No money, I still feel like I need to learn more hard knock brewing.  I like this setup because it gives you some efficiencies, but it is still "4 ingredients and fire"   :D

Hi slimsparty

Yes, I also hang at BeerSmith.

You are right, it is four ingredients that make beer.  It is not the system.  That is only part of the hobby.

Keep plugging away, plan for the long term and take advantage of opportunities when they arise.  You will build your brewery in your own time.

They are never done anyway.

Offline lonnie mac

• Assistant Brewer
    • Alenuts
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 03:19:45 pm »
I love it!

I would like to add this to my Brutus Ten picture collection on my website below if I may...

Offline rep

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 03:41:53 pm »
I love it!

I would like to add this to my Brutus Ten picture collection on my website below if I may...

Feel free, and ty.

Offline rep

• Cellarman
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 03:55:53 pm »
I moved from propane to natural gas to maybe save money and took care of some safety issues as well. I am retired and often brew by myself in mid week.  I was getting concerned about HLT's above my head and the weight of even an empty keggle needing to be brought down to the ground from my old 2X4 three tier system.  It was becoming a safety concern.  Also, I wanted to increase production and make my life easier.

I decided a new rig was in order and I also wanted to brew on my patio.  There, it was easy access to NG and I no longer had to worry about tanks or, running out of fuel.

Next to that patio is also a window to my basement brewery.  That played into my second safety concern.  

My brewery is located in my basement and I tired of hauling carboys down the steps, often by myself.  The pictures below offer a solution.  I set up a pipeline from my boil kettle through the basement window into my carboys.  I have some tweaking to do but it is working ok.  I may need your help later in solving some issues.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 04:04:38 pm by rep »

Offline slimsparty

• Assistant Brewer
  • 1882 Brewery
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 10:18:59 am »
I definately like your transport to move the wort to the fermentors in the basement.  Right now I hug the baby and carefully ease down some pretty sketchy steps.

Offline joelambic

• Cellarman
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 12:39:20 pm »
Nice rig and I like the transfer setup.  I've thought about doing that myself.

Offline rep

• Cellarman
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 02:10:11 pm »
I definately like your transport to move the wort to the fermentors in the basement.  Right now I hug the baby and carefully ease down some pretty sketchy steps.

An accident awaits you my friend.  At least invest in a $15.00 Brew hauler.  http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/brewing-equipment/fermenting-equipment/carboy-accessories/the-brew-hauler.html

Last time I checked they were somewhat cheaper than a visit to an emergency room.  Although that was some time ago and hospital visits may have gotten cheaper.   ;D