Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: GABF Tickets 2022  (Read 875 times)

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
GABF Tickets 2022
« on: July 07, 2022, 08:02:43 pm »
As an AHA member, am I allowed to buy tickets for family / friends who are non members? Is there a limit on ticket sales to an individual?

Is there a total limit on tickets sold?

The last time we attended, it was shoulder-to-shoulder at times in the convention center. I was literally swimming through a sea of people. It was not fun. We thought that there must have been counterfeit tickets produced, as the place was so crowded.

I have hotel rooms and a car reserved, but not certain if we will attend this year.

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: GABF Tickets 2022
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 10:17:38 pm »
It’s always that crowded depending on the session
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 06:10:23 am »

We attended 2004, 2005, & 2007.

Went all three days. Thursday was the best day, as it was not crowded at all. In 2007 the crowds were such that it made the experience not fun. It was not comfortable at all. Like being in a subway car in Tokyo.

It was our understanding that a strict limit was placed on ticket sales in order to prevent too many people being there.

So, are we limited on the number of tickets? Can I purchase 8 tickets, for family members, including my wife? I am the only AHA member.

In years past, the event was open early in the day on Thursday-Friday. Now it does not open until late afternoon, 5pm.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 06:12:03 am by Bel Air Brewing »

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 06:21:15 am »

Went all three days. Thursday was the best day, as it was not crowded at all. In 2007 the crowds were such that it made the experience not fun. It was not comfortable at all. Like being in a subway car in Tokyo.

It was our understanding that a strict limit was placed on ticket sales in order to prevent too many people being there.

So, are we limited on the number of tickets? Can I purchase 8 tickets, for family members, including my wife? I am the only AHA member.

In years past, the event was open early in the day on Thursday-Friday. Now it does not open until late afternoon, 5pm.
My best memories of GABF were from Thursday nights, the least crowded session.  Friday nights all the brewers are out and about in LODO and the locals are at the convention center.  Saturday most of the booths run out of their best beers.
We have started several really memorable vacations with a trip to GABF on Thursday and then driving north or west or south.
The email that was sent out yesterday pretty much sums up all the rules.  Did you get that?
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2022, 07:57:31 am »
Yes, got the email. Looks like 8 tickets can be purchased.

Offline bockenberg

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 08:05:33 pm »
I didn't get a code or email, how do I get that?

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 09:48:55 am »

My best memories of GABF were from Thursday nights, the least crowded session.  Friday nights all the brewers are out and about in LODO and the locals are at the convention center.  Saturday most of the booths run out of their best beers.
We have started several really memorable vacations with a trip to GABF on Thursday and then driving north or west or south.
The email that was sent out yesterday pretty much sums up all the rules.  Did you get that?
Thursday is the best.  A lot of the brewers are there
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2022, 09:53:32 am »

I only knew about the first email from this thread. I re-saved my AHA emails after I read this and got the pre-sale emails this week. Not sure what happened but seeing what happened yesterday with the sale it seems the BA has some technical problems.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2022, 10:43:50 am »
I didn't get a code, but was able to buy my ticket today.  My guess is that I'm a scum lifetime member and don't deserve a pre-sale code.
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2022, 10:46:40 am »
I didn't get a code, but was able to buy my ticket today.  My guess is that I'm a scum lifetime member and don't deserve a pre-sale code.
I'm a lifetime member and I got a pre-sale code, so I doubt it's because you're scum ;)
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2022, 01:45:02 pm »

I only knew about the first email from this thread. I re-saved my AHA emails after I read this and got the pre-sale emails this week. Not sure what happened but seeing what happened yesterday with the sale it seems the BA has some technical problems.

Not just problems, but major problems.