Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Nukatap Flow Control Manual  (Read 1130 times)

Offline WaldstrBrewer

• 1st Kit
Nukatap Flow Control Manual
« on: January 08, 2023, 02:43:18 pm »
Hey now,

I purchased a few Nukatap Flow Control faucets. Initial impression is not good. I get foam no matter how I turn the flow lever and they leak from the collar. I am assuming user error, but they did not come with any manual, nor have I found one on-line. I am a pretty experienced keg system user, but these buggers seem to be trying my skills. Does anyone have any experience with this this product and getting it to work properly?? Does anyone know where the manual can be found on-line. Thanks in advance!!

Daryle

Offline GrumpyWally

• 1st Kit
  • What goes here?
Re: Nukatap Flow Control Manual
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 03:45:52 pm »
While not a manual, there are some pictures here that have some pretty useful information:

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Home-Brewing-Equipment/Kegging-Equipment/Beer-Faucets/Intertap-Nukatap-Faucets-Shanks/Nukatap-Stainless-Flow-Control-Faucet

Note the fact that you may need an additional o-ring at the connection to the shank to prevent leakage as pointed out in the sixth picture.

Did you take them apart and clean them before use? I ask, because I did and had trouble with mine. I found that you need to be sure that the little "torpedo" bugger is aligned correctly and that you follow the directions in the fifth picture with regards to assembly.

There are a couple of marginally useful u-tube videos that provide some information. Try Googling "nukatap flow control faucet."

IMHO, these are not a complete solution to a properly balanced kegging system. I use the one I have on a 1.75 G keg to take to parties.

Offline WaldstrBrewer

• 1st Kit
Re: Nukatap Flow Control Manual
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 11:03:45 am »
THANKS A METRIC FUG TON!! Got those o-rings from Williams (even picked up the auto-close spring and growler nozzle). Everything is right in my world again.

Daryle