Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Update to my latest brew  (Read 331 times)

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
Update to my latest brew
« on: March 30, 2023, 04:17:32 pm »
Did a single hop kit from Morebeer.  I cannot find if I started a thread on this one already, so please delete if I did.  Single hop Cascade Pale ale.  60 minute boil at about 150 to 152, was very happy I stayed pretty much spot on that temp range.  My OG into the Fermenter was 1.051.  Middle ground of what the kit said it should be.  ABV should be in the 5% range.  Bry-97 yeast that was a bit slow out of the gate, but finished up after about 4 days at around 65 to 68 degrees in the fermenter.  Just checked my Gravity, and I am at about 1.007, which puts my just shy of 6% ABV.  Maybe the yeast did a bit too good a job?  Either way, I am going to check it again on Saturday or Sunday.  If the gravity is the same, I am going to dry hop on either Tuesday or Wednesday and bottle or keg Friday or Saturday.  Leave it for at least 2 weeks and then sample and see what I got.  Smelled pretty good, so I am hopeful.  My next experiment is either going to be a Citra/Mosaic combo, or a single hop Mosaic.  I want to see what Mosaic might bring to the party as I had a simple all Mosaic IPA the other day and loved it.  Any comments on my post, improvements or suggestions, are greatly appreciated and welcomed.  Rock On!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Richard

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Update to my latest brew
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 05:09:07 pm »
It sounds good. If your OG hit the middle of the range specified for the kit then you have your mash efficiency under control. I know that was a problem for you in the past, so you have done something to fix it. 1.007 is pretty dry, but that works well for IPA sometimes.
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's