Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: One-inch transfer valve...  (Read 331 times)

Offline nvshooter2276

• Assistant Brewer
One-inch transfer valve...
« on: December 24, 2023, 11:29:54 pm »
Several weeks ago, I found a one-inch transfer valve that has the spring-loaded handle for filling the bottles directly out of the primary. Just push down; no swinging from side-to-side. I attempted to buy two but the site had my old credit card number in the ordering info, and I was unable to change it to my present card. I looked and looked for the site again just the other night, and I am unable to find it. If anyone feels like attempting to find it, please be my guest. I can see the benefits of this "snap-tap" valve when the level of beer gets very low and to operate the swinging valve causes the bucket to move. This valve would work very well for carbo drops or for table sugar straight into the bottle.

Offline nvshooter2276

• Assistant Brewer
Re: One-inch transfer valve...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2023, 11:12:08 am »
Found it! I was on the mr. beer website and was looking at one of their everything-you-need beer kits. Part of what's in the kit is a "locking spigot." I searched for exactly that and found the one below in just a few seconds. I have since bookmarked that webpage to my Favorites. I shall order two and be forever done with the bucket moving once the weight of the beer in the bottling bucket can no longer keep the bucket in place on my kitchen countertop.

https://www.hobbyhomebrew.com/product/blue-locking-handle-filling-spigot-for-1-drilled-bottling-bucket-or-carboy-bottle/

Offline nvshooter2276

• Assistant Brewer
Re: One-inch transfer valve...
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 05:08:12 pm »
Valves received. Very nice. Locks one way; works as a snap-tap when turned-around 180 degrees. Nozzle fits perfectly into Nierra Sevada Pale Ale bottles; a bit wobbly in 500cc PET bottles. Comes apart easily for cleaning. Will make bottling directly from the primary an easy task.