Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pilsner Urquell vs Shiner 101 Czech-style Pilsner  (Read 2110 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Pilsner Urquell vs Shiner 101 Czech-style Pilsner
« on: April 01, 2010, 03:44:57 am »
Humph. No comparison. Even with a slight skunkiness Urquell beats Shiner hands down. Wooooo....

Side by side PU has more of everything than Shiner 101. Not a real indictment since how could there really be a... comparison.

But I did it any way.

Time to get me some Czech Budvar.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline suprchunk

• 1st Kit
Re: Pilsner Urquell vs Shiner 101 Czech-style Pilsner
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 10:37:14 am »
Most anything beats Shiner. And the US needs to institute some labeling laws - I don't know how they can, in good conscience, call it a Bock.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Pilsner Urquell vs Shiner 101 Czech-style Pilsner
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 11:45:48 pm »
There's history to Shiner and why it's a popular regional brewery. Their Czech pils could benefit from some tweaking- mainly in bitterness and being a little less dry. The malty sweet back bone was missing when compared to Pilsner Urquell.

Then they should package it in green bottles, to lend it that slight skunkiness.  ;)

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis