Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Man jewlery  (Read 8410 times)

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
Re: Man jewlery
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2011, 08:56:58 pm »
Anthony Bordain. I rest my case.

LOL, by the way, Weaze, is your right thumb way smaller than your left?

No, but my right arm is a lot stronger than my left........ :-\

Ah hah!  A tennis player ay?
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 02:09:01 am »
I've got just the standard gold wedding ring (take it off for showers, working in the garden, or doing things that otherwise might ding it up more than it already is) and a non-battery (gotta wind it every day) hamilton from the '50s. Supposedly it's the same watch model that JFK wore. Got a nice crocodile strap for it, I only wear that when I'm working.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 06:54:10 am »
Just the wedding band and wristwatch for me.  The ring occassionally comes off when I'm preparing food (like burgers or something else for the grill).  The watch I've never considered 'jewelry' - more like a tool - the timer gets used to keep track of mash and boil times - the alarm gets used when in a hotel (I don't trust their alarm clocks) or I'm concerned we might lose power over night.

I used to have my ear pierced, but finally took that out about a year ago - I got tired of my (now 2 year old) son grabbing it and ripping it out.  Once upon a time (like 20 years ago) I had my eyebrow pierced, but got tied of it in a few months.

BTW Weaze - I like the bottle opener ring too.
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 08:22:58 am »

BTW Weaze - I like the bottle opener ring too.

I got one of those for Christmas, but I haven't tried it out yet.
Just a wedding ring for me, a simple silver band.  Rings take some abuse in my work and I'm on my third wedding ring (same wife).  I wear a watch only when traveling by plane so I don't have to keep turning my stupid phone off and on all the time.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline SwashBuckling Drunk

• Assistant Brewer
  • Boring, Oregon
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2011, 10:39:41 am »
You got purdy hands Weeze   ;)

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2011, 05:19:16 pm »
I can't wear anything either, the longest I was able to wear a wedding ring was two or three years and finally was given permission to take it off because what it did to my finger was obvious.  I used to wear a watch but after working with electric it too became a lost item... I don't really miss it and I surely don't need a watch to to tell what time it is, my body knows the basics and if I need more detail than that then there is always a wall clock, radio clock, computer etc nearby.  Funny thing... I usually find people that wear watches are late more often than those who do not.   ::)   

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 06:57:30 pm »
I can't wear anything either, the longest I was able to wear a wedding ring was two or three years and finally was given permission to take it off because what it did to my finger was obvious.

Maybe you're happy without the ring, but if you want to get back to it, I found that taking it off each night and putting it back on in the morning got rid of what mine was doing to my finger.  Been working for almost 18 years for me.
Joe

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2011, 07:11:04 pm »
  Funny thing... I usually find people that wear watches are late more often than those who do not.   ::)   

It's so they know how late they are!  :D
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 07:17:54 pm »
Wedding band and that's it. Wearing any jewelry is just a nuisance to me. In fact my wedding band is a PITA. To each his own I guess.

I'm sure I'll be in the ass category soon too.  ;)
Ron Price

boulderbrewer

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2011, 07:21:38 pm »
I'm with Hokerer, I wear mine during the week on work hours.

Mine has diamonds so I got to keep an eye it and the wife designed it.

Chicks dig it married or not.

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2011, 06:34:57 am »
Wedding band when out of the house (a lot of times it gets put up with the wallet, keys, etc when home).  I tried to take up wearing a watch, but I always fell out of the habit.  When you work in front of a computer all day you get used to having your timepiece in the lower right of your screen, anyway.

Offline uthristy

• Brewer
  • Hot & sticky Fla.
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2011, 07:18:45 am »

No, but my right arm is a lot stronger than my left........ :-\

We know... :o

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2011, 08:39:41 am »
These days it's just a wedding ring and a watch.  Back in the 70s, I wore puka shell and turquoise necklaces, turquoise rings, scrimshaw bracelets inset with coral.....

Why does this in no way surprise me?

As for myself, I took off the only bit of bling I ever really wore about 2 months ago.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 08:42:41 am by MrNate »
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2011, 09:36:44 am »
Can't do it. Used to wear a wedding ring but I took it off because it drove me nuts. Reach for a beer - clink, open a door - clink just hated it. Took it off 10 years ago and found out that I was still just as married without it. Nothing else for me ever, just not my style.

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2011, 10:07:51 am »
Can't do it. Used to wear a wedding ring but I took it off because it drove me nuts. Reach for a beer - clink, open a door - clink just hated it. Took it off 10 years ago and found out that I was still just as married without it. Nothing else for me ever, just not my style.

I learned the hard way not to pat my son on the head with my left hand. Couple of time I really nailed him with the ring, unintentionally. I even thought, "Really boy, that didn't hurt." and tried it on my head...all I could say was OW!!!

And some +1 to the dings on the ring from work in general. Gardening, auto-care oddly enough my ring is supposed
to have a brushed finish but my wear and tear on it has basically polished it. Damn you soft metals...;D
Ruben * Colorado :)