Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Good resources for labels?  (Read 3299 times)

Offline jimbo44

• Cellarman
Good resources for labels?
« on: December 13, 2009, 10:50:56 am »
I am going to be brewing a extra stout in a couple weeks.  Plan on conditioning for the year and giving as a christmas gift to folks next year.  Thought maybe it would be cool to work on a label for it.  Anybody have good websites or computer programs for beer bottle labels.  Want something decent that won't run when wet.
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."
-Humphrey Bogart

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
Re: Good resources for labels?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 11:32:10 am »
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline roberba

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 05:18:37 pm »
I use 4th and Vine lables. You can download MS Word templates to use with them. I originally got them from my local brew supply store but now I get them direct. Contact them at info@4th-vine.com or go to thier web page at http://4th-vine.com.

As far as protecting them after printing what I do is get a can of spary lacquer and give them two or three light coats. The process is this:
Create the lable in MS Word
Print out the required number on my Ink Jet printer
Spray 3 light coast of lacquer spacing each coat about 30 minutes to an hour apart.
Peal and stick the lables.

One thing I really like about these lables is to remove them all you have to do is warm the bottle up with hot water and gently peel it off. No mess!

Offline jimbo44

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 11:47:56 am »
Awesome.  I've been looking for the correct MS word Template to download but I can't seem to find it  ???  Any advice?  I downloaded an avery program that might work.
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."
-Humphrey Bogart