Author Topic: Handheld pH meters recommendations  (Read 47 times)

Online Jayborracho

• Cellarman
Handheld pH meters recommendations
« on: Today at 12:27:49 AM »
Hey all, lookin to retire my Milwaukee ph meter for one of those cool pH pens, anyone have good suggestions for one?

Offline Village Taphouse

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
Re: Handheld pH meters recommendations
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:09:51 AM »
I highly recommend the Omega line of meters.  The one I use is HERE.  I think it was $109 when I bought it and it seems more expensive now.  I had a handheld Milwaukee unit that was horrible.  Terrible.  It did not work properly right out of the box.  It was $49 or something so I upgraded to the Omega.  I know a number of homebrewers who like this one but I also know that many homebrewers are happy with other models from other manufacturers and I'm sure they'll be along shortly.  ;)
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Online Jayborracho

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:10:07 AM »
I highly recommend the Omega line of meters.  The one I use is HERE.  I think it was $109 when I bought it and it seems more expensive now.  I had a handheld Milwaukee unit that was horrible.  Terrible.  It did not work properly right out of the box.  It was $49 or something so I upgraded to the Omega.  I know a number of homebrewers who like this one but I also know that many homebrewers are happy with other models from other manufacturers and I'm sure they'll be along shortly.  ;)

Oooh that looks nice, I know what ima ask for Father’s Day  ;D

Offline Village Taphouse

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:26:46 AM »

Oooh that looks nice, I know what ima ask for Father’s Day  ;D
Treat it nicely and use it as directed and it will pay you back.  It's a great brewing instrument. 
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.