Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Looking for a club in San Antonio  (Read 4266 times)

Offline sapperox

• 1st Kit
Looking for a club in San Antonio
« on: January 17, 2010, 11:41:23 am »
Just moved to San Antonio, looking for an active club.  Anyone know/participate with one?

Offline lonnie mac

• Assistant Brewer
    • Alenuts
Re: Looking for a club in San Antonio
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 03:17:21 pm »
Just moved to San Antonio, looking for an active club.  Anyone know/participate with one?

Look up Bexar Brewers. These are some great friends of mine...

Offline sapperox

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 06:48:31 pm »
Hey Lonnie, glad to make the acquaintance!  Consider myself a follower of your cult, as my system is modeled after your design!  Anyway, thanks for the lead.  I emailed the address listed on AHA's registration, but that address is no longer valid.  Could you send me a PM with a contact in that club?

Offline lonnie mac

• Assistant Brewer
    • Alenuts
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 06:53:12 pm »
Yea my friend... They are a bit allusive it seems! I see my friends every year when I drive over to the ACCF in SA. Don't think they ever really had a website, but I'll try and find you something! I know several members of this super secret club. Great guys!

Offline sapperox

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 06:55:44 pm »
I tracked them down using the ACCF registration site...Just sent and email to the contact.  Thanks again for the lead, and hope to meet you in person at the 2010 ACCF!

Offline lonnie mac

• Assistant Brewer
    • Alenuts
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 06:59:18 pm »
Absolutly my friend!

Yes, I believe you are contacting Markus... I know him a little, but he probably won't remember me... Good luck! I know these fellas are affiliated with Blue Star Brewery also. That is a GREAT (and I mean GREAT) little brewery! You might look up Joey the owner there. He is the most swell fellow...

Offline sapperox

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 04:16:09 pm »
Hey, I never heard back from these guys :(.  I've found plenty of beer though!  Lonnie, do you have a phone number or email address you can share?

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 11:39:56 am »
Go down to St Mary's off 281 and look up Todd- the owner of SA Homebrew supply. He has meetings at his store every other Sunday I believe. He's part of that Joey's/BlueStar crowd.

There's a couple other places now- they also should have some idea who to contact.

You might also consider SAAZ (San Antonio Area Zymurgists).
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis