Stan Hieronymous presents this recipe in his newly released book For the Love of Hops: The Practical Guide to Aroma, Bitterness and the Culture of Hops.
For the complete story behind this and other hop-centered recipes, pick yourself up a copy from the AHA Store!
- 60% local variety Hermann (6 EBC) wheat malt
- 20% local variety Marthe (6 EBC) barley malt
- 20% Urmalz (Munich-style 25 EBC) barley malt
- Hallertau Tradition, 50 minutes (8 IBU)
- Nelson Sauvin, 15 minutes (15 IBU)
- Nelson Sauvin, 0 minutes (6 IBU)
- Yeast: 3 L/hL Schneider yeast from propagation tank. 0.5 L/hL Belgian yeast
Original Gravity: 1.069 (16.8 °P)
Final Gravity: 1.013 (3.3 °P)
Boil Time: 60 minutes
- One decoction, targeting high attentuation
- Fermentation: 7 days, beginning at 16° C (61° F), allow to rise to 22° C(72° F), reduce to 12° C (54° F).
- Bottling: Rerfermentation in the bottle, using speise (unfermented wort). 3.3 volumes CO2 (6.5 gal/L)
Join for Less Than a Pint
Subscribe for only $4.99/month
Members get discounts on beer, food, and merchandise, plus a subscription to Zymurgy magazine online, and unlimited access to medal-winning and clone recipes for just $4.99 a month.