Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: White House Brew Recipe  (Read 42815 times)

Offline Duke

• Retailers
  • 1st Kit
Re: White House Brew Recipe
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2012, 06:12:19 pm »
The President was in a chat on Reddit today and somebody asked him about the recipe.  He replied saying it would be released "soon" whatever that means.

Linky:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/z1c9z/i_am_barack_obama_president_of_the_united_states/#c60mom8

Prost,

Duke
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. - Frank Zappa

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2012, 08:32:04 pm »
i heard the prez said, on reddit, that they would be releasing the recipe. 
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline ccfoo242

• Brewmaster
  • I drank what? - Socrates
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2012, 08:35:26 pm »
The President was in a chat on Reddit today and somebody asked him about the recipe.  He replied saying it would be released "soon" whatever that means.

Linky:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/z1c9z/i_am_barack_obama_president_of_the_united_states/#c60mom8

Prost,

Duke

I consider this a 2012 Campaign promise! LOL...
Intra cervisiam est deus.

Offline hoser

• Brewmaster
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2012, 09:34:40 pm »
I could care less.  Do we even know if this beer/recipe is any good?  I would rather try to recreate a tried and true recipe from Jamil, Gordon, Denny, or a gold medal winner from NHC before brewing this beer. 

I will avoid all of the political stuff that could potentially spin off from this.  I HATE politics.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2012, 01:41:09 am »
I could care less.  Do we even know if this beer/recipe is any good?  I would rather try to recreate a tried and true recipe from Jamil, Gordon, Denny, or a gold medal winner from NHC before brewing this beer. 

I will avoid all of the political stuff that could potentially spin off from this.  I HATE politics.
I'm glad you could care less, I'm interested too. ::)

I'm not saying I'm going to brew it, and in fact I probably won't, but I think it's cool that someone is brewing in the White House again.  Maybe it isn't good, maybe it is - so what?  That the President of hte United States is brewing (or having a chef brew) is great for our hobby, and releasing the recipe just adds to it.  In my opinion, the more press his brewing gets, the better it is for homebrewers everywhere.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2012, 05:20:47 am »
exactly tom.

AHA# 196703

Offline hoser

• Brewmaster
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2012, 05:25:14 am »

I'm not saying I'm going to brew it, and in fact I probably won't, but I think it's cool that someone is brewing in the White House again.  Maybe it isn't good, maybe it is - so what?  That the President of hte United States is brewing (or having a chef brew) is great for our hobby, and releasing the recipe just adds to it.  In my opinion, the more press his brewing gets, the better it is for homebrewers everywhere.

Those are all very good and valid points Tom.  I like the fact that someone is brewing in the White House and all the press that homebrewing and craft beer is receiving while Obama is in the White House. All of which helps validates and helps our hobby grow.  But, people seem to be more interested in obtaining the recipe than the fact that this is helping the hobby grow.  That is the part that irks me.

Online majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2012, 05:38:26 am »
I just want to get the recipe so I can tear it apart and berate it the way I do all recipes. Honey in beer is soooo for beginners, anyway.

Offline hoser

• Brewmaster
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2012, 05:45:44 am »
I just want to get the recipe so I can tear it apart and berate it the way I do all recipes. Honey in beer is soooo for beginners, anyway.
+1 ;D

Those are all very good and valid points Tom.  I like the fact that someone is brewing in the White House and all the press that homebrewing and craft beer is receiving while Obama is in the White House. All of which helps validates and helps our hobby grow.  But, people seem to be more interested in obtaining the recipe than the fact that this is helping the hobby grow.  That is the part that irks me.

Now that BW3 commercial, I am not sure if that is good publicity for our hobby or not.... :P

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2012, 09:42:15 am »

interesting insight you have there.  is that your own hypothesis, or do you have factual data to back up your assertation?

AHA# 196703

Offline hoser

• Brewmaster
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2012, 10:00:52 am »
Just my own hypothesis from reading various posts on the interweb and talking to people.  Just my opinion.  I may be completely wrong.  It has been known to happen from time to time ;D

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2012, 10:32:51 am »
Though Washington and Jefferson are knnow to have made beer, they never lived in the White House - wasn't built/finished. IIRC Madison was the first to live there.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline hoser

• Brewmaster
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2012, 10:47:17 am »
I would have been more interested in seeing a public petition to have the President help legalize brewing in states such as Alabama and Mississippi than the actual recipe.  I understand the federal government likely does not have jurisdiction to do that and that he is too busy trying to get re-elected.  Hopefully, making the public aware, especially the elected officials in those states who are still misinformed about what homebrewing actually is can lead to some change.  Hopefully.....

Offline repo

• Brewer
  • San Diego CA
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2012, 11:08:54 am »
Though Washington and Jefferson are knnow to have made beer, they never lived in the White House - wasn't built/finished. IIRC Madison was the first to live there.

Jefferson did live there. It was built/finished before John Adams left office. Washington was only president not to have lived there at all.

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2012, 11:51:56 am »
The Feds already did their job by making it legal for the states to allow it.  Whether homebrewing is allowed in your state is considered a "states" issue and the Federal government does not have any jurisdiction on it.  That's my understanding at least.

Alabama will get there one of these days.

I don't really know that I care if the recipe is released or not.  If you do, good luck in your quest.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?