Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC Competition question...  (Read 17735 times)

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
Re: NHC Competition question...
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2013, 10:10:16 am »
Oops! Missed that. Thanks.

Me, too, but fortunately I edited mine before that deadline.
I was only able to get three entries in when I had planned on six, so I edited my three to be the ones with the best chance of advancing.
Bottling this weekend.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline james

• Brewer
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2013, 02:05:29 pm »
Shoot.  I was planning on editing my entries this weekend.  I think off all of my entries I have set only one is a beer I actually have.

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 02:49:47 pm »
I must be blind...
I registered a beer and a mead, all paid up, no edits required... but I just want to print the labels so I can ship my entries.  Every link from the rules/regs goes to http://www.brewingcompetition.com/
No link to login on that page, and the few generic guesses I tried didn't work, ie. http://www.brewingcompetition.com/login

Anybody have a better link?

Offline james

• Brewer
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 03:10:12 pm »
I must be blind...
I registered a beer and a mead, all paid up, no edits required... but I just want to print the labels so I can ship my entries.  Every link from the rules/regs goes to http://www.brewingcompetition.com/
No link to login on that page, and the few generic guesses I tried didn't work, ie. http://www.brewingcompetition.com/login

Anybody have a better link?

Goto http://www.brewingcompetition.com/regionX  where X is your region number.  For seattle it is  http://www.brewingcompetition.com/region1

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 04:42:00 pm »
I told you I was blind.     8)

Thanks.

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 05:01:51 am »
My entries are on their way.   Only bottle labels were required, right?  The rules and info on the region 11 site said to include your entry form and payment in box along with your entries along with bottle labels attached to your bottles (I know, rubber bands only...no tape :) ).  I didn't see an entry form and the entries were prepaid as required by the AHA, so I assumed this was just the standard template for this competition software.

Good luck to all that are entering!

Are the results posted yet?  ;)
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 05:44:36 am »
I just sent bottles with rubber banded labels as well.  I don't remember ever sending anything else in the package before.  Mine are "out for delivery" as I write this.
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline saintpierre

• Brewer
  • Augusta, ME
    • www.malthomebrewclub.org
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2013, 06:51:31 am »
My entries are on their way.   Only bottle labels were required, right?  The rules and info on the region 11 site said to include your entry form and payment in box along with your entries along with bottle labels attached to your bottles (I know, rubber bands only...no tape :) ).  I didn't see an entry form and the entries were prepaid as required by the AHA, so I assumed this was just the standard template for this competition software.

I did the same. Entries should arrive today... gulp...
Mike St. Pierre, P.E.
Maine Ale & Libation Tasters (MALT)
BJCP Certified
[719.4, 74.1] AR

narvin

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2013, 07:59:39 am »

There used to be a form you sent which showed proof of payment, and before that, you probably could pay with check.  Probably just old instructions.

Offline breslinp

• Cellarman
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 06:21:34 pm »
Hmmmm....

So i can't edit my entry description now for 16E? I didn't write anything initially because I was trying to rush to enter and figured I could add that info later. Oh well. The feedback will have to be my prize.  :)

Offline Janis

• AHA Project Coordinator/NHC Director
  • Brewer
  • Which came first, the pelican or the beer?
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 06:30:02 pm »
Hmmmm....

So i can't edit my entry description now for 16E? I didn't write anything initially because I was trying to rush to enter and figured I could add that info later. Oh well. The feedback will have to be my prize.  :)
Hi,
Send me an e-mail with your competition city and the exact edits you wish to make.
Cheers,
Janis
Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org

Offline Janis

• AHA Project Coordinator/NHC Director
  • Brewer
  • Which came first, the pelican or the beer?
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 06:33:17 pm »

There used to be a form you sent which showed proof of payment, and before that, you probably could pay with check.  Probably just old instructions.
Hi,

For the 1st Round, the bottle labels are your entry form.  Please disregard the instructions about including proof of payment, unless you used a Free Entry Certificate; those MUST be included in the box with the entries.

Cheers,
Janis
Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2013, 06:51:47 am »
Thanks Janis!
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 07:25:11 am »
Thank you Janis.  Now I don't have to track down the UPS truck and force him to the side of the road  ;D
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline tesgüino

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2013, 01:48:24 pm »
Hi,

For the 1st Round, the bottle labels are your entry form.  Please disregard the instructions about including proof of payment, unless you used a Free Entry Certificate; those MUST be included in the box with the entries.

Cheers,
Janis

I had given some thought to doing some creative editing on the actual label to get in an updated description for a cat 23 beer after the closing date for editing. Figured it would be cheating so didn't do it, but if the labels are your entry form I'm sure there's someone out there who's going that route.

On the other hand, there is a bar code on the label. Will they be scanning to get information or manually copying it from what's written on the label?