Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Parking at NHC?  (Read 11967 times)

Offline steveg297

• 1st Kit
    • South Shore Brew Club
Parking at NHC?
« on: February 05, 2013, 04:19:41 pm »
Does anyone know if there's a lower rate for the parking at the NHC?  The hotel is showing $45 a day, which is ridiculous.  Even if they have offsite parking with a shuttle that would be okay.

SteveG
"In search of the perfect pint!"

Offline brewmichigan

• Brewer
Re: Parking at NHC?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 04:41:26 pm »
In the NHC hotel thread there was some parking info someone posted. I'm sure there will be others posting info but off the top of my head there were other lots for 20 a day or so. Big city, big prices.
Mike --- Flint, Michigan

Offline guido

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 07:29:30 pm »
I posted this before, and I'm not an expert on parking.  However, There are parking garages listed at www.philadelphia.centralparking.com.  If someone has more info, please chime in.
Well...I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer

-"Roadhouse Blues,"  Jim Morrison

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 07:45:31 pm »
Philly parking authority has a few garages closer to the hotel in the mid-$30 range, but this one is the least expensive. It's on the other side of the convention center.
http://philapark.org/locator/location-details.php?FacilityId=627&sLat=39.9538&sLng=-75.1579&sN=Pennsylvania%20Convention%20Center
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline summy

• Cellarman
  • Roanoke, VA
    • Star City Brewers Guild
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 07:22:02 pm »
On another note, some of us are thinking about taking Amtrak from Lynchburg, Va into Philly. Appears to be only $55 round trip. My question is for people in Philly, which stop should we get off on in Philly? One is called "North Philadelphia" and the other is "30th Street". Which one is closer to the hotel? How far away is it, would we ned a cab? Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Fementing:
  *Primary -
  *Lagering -

On Tap
 *BPA
 *Denny's BVIP
 *Brunch Stout

In Bottles
 *IIPA
 *RyeIPA
 *Black IPA
 *Red IPA
 *White IPA (entered an all-IPA competition)
  *Kolsch

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 07:37:48 pm »
On another note, some of us are thinking about taking Amtrak from Lynchburg, Va into Philly. Appears to be only $55 round trip. My question is for people in Philly, which stop should we get off on in Philly? One is called "North Philadelphia" and the other is "30th Street". Which one is closer to the hotel? How far away is it, would we ned a

See answer on other post.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006

Offline Radiobrewer

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 06:16:49 am »
Parking near the Hotel is pretty steep just about anywhere. The garage right behind the hotel is 6 bucks per 1/2 hour. In relation to taking the train, 30th street station is about 18 or so blocks from the hotel...Take a cab it is a long walk. For those that don’t know Philly Suburban Station is closer but still a hefty walk. Some parking Suggestions. You can park at the airport and take the light rail. I am pretty sure is stops at both 30 street and Market Rail east stations the latter the closer to the hotel. Now for near by food. Directly across the street from the hotel entrance on Filbert street is the Reading Market Terminal. Some of Philly food at its best. The Hard Rock cafe is located on the 13th and market street side of the hotel. There are plenty of good restaurants within in a short walk.

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 09:57:12 am »
Parking near the Hotel is pretty steep just about anywhere. The garage right behind the hotel is 6 bucks per 1/2 hour. In relation to taking the train, 30th street station is about 18 or so blocks from the hotel...Take a cab it is a long walk. For those that don’t know Philly Suburban Station is closer but still a hefty walk. Some parking Suggestions. You can park at the airport and take the light rail. I am pretty sure is stops at both 30 street and Market Rail east stations the latter the closer to the hotel. Now for near by food. Directly across the street from the hotel entrance on Filbert street is the Reading Market Terminal. Some of Philly food at its best. The Hard Rock cafe is located on the 13th and market street side of the hotel. There are plenty of good restaurants within in a short walk.

And Chinatown is two blocks north of the hotel.
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 04:12:52 pm »

Conference Dim Sum!
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 08:52:07 pm »

Conference Dim Sum!

No shortage of activities/restaurants in the city of brewerly love.  ;)
Ron Price

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 06:37:59 am »
Directly across the street from the hotel entrance on Filbert street is the Reading Market Terminal.
That place is awesome! Now I can diversify my overindulging.
AHA Member since 2006

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 10:29:14 am »
Directly across the street from the hotel entrance on Filbert street is the Reading Market Terminal.

+1

The RTM is a great place to grab a bite to eat.

http://www.readingterminalmarket.org/
Ron Price

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Parking at NHC?
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 12:10:18 pm »

+1

The RTM is a great place to grab a bite to eat.

http://www.readingterminalmarket.org/

Too cool!  I've heard so much about that place.  I'm dying to see it.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline brewmichigan

• Brewer
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 08:34:12 am »
As we get closer I'm still trying to decide what to do. It looks like most of the garages within walking distance are $30-$35 a day. Is that what everyone else is seeing. When I was in San Francisco a couple years ago I was able to pay ahead of time across from the hotel to get a nice discount. Anything like that out in Philly?
Mike --- Flint, Michigan

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 01:31:23 pm »
Some of our club members plan to caravan out to my dad's place in northeast Philly after we drop off our beers.  His complex has ample & free parking.  We'll meet there, consolidate ourselves and our stuff into one mini-van, maybe make a quick stop for some German coldcuts and landjäger http://www.riekersmeats.com and drive one vehicle to park down at the hotel instead of 3 or 4.

$20 for directions to his place 8)
Steve K.
BJCP Beer & Mead Certified
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org