Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Password for GABF Pre-sale  (Read 12361 times)

Offline kyle38

• 1st Kit
Password for GABF Pre-sale
« on: July 30, 2013, 10:13:02 am »
Does anyone know if the GABF pre-sale password is just your member ID?  Mine is not working...
On tap:

Cherry Saison
Tripel
Orange & Black IPA (2012 world champ brew)
Robust Porter with Brett

On Deck:

White IPA
Flanders Red

Offline chadkersey3000

• 1st Kit
Re: Password for GABF Pre-sale
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:13:54 am »
mine is not wokring as well. Works with regular session tickets but not with the members only session

Offline coons10

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 10:15:34 am »
My regular member number is not working either.  The affiliate number for my wife worked just fine though...

Why does this BS happen every year?

Starting to think that the AHA organizers really don't know what they are doing...

Offline coslor

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 10:16:22 am »
Ditto, dammit. I was on the second it opened up, and the Members-Only tickets don't work.

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 10:19:22 am »
Mine did the same after purchasing the first set for Friday night and wouldn't authorize my code for Saturday afternoon.  Just clear your browser's history, close the browser, reopen and go back to the ticket sale.  This worked for me and it should let your password authorize.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 10:22:12 am by thebigbaker »
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline coslor

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 10:22:04 am »
I actually didn't do any of that, but just kept trying, and it eventually worked! So, keep trying everybody!

In other words, it was failing due to capacity issues & interpreting that as a bad code. One again, the system designers did a crummy job. You'd think they could get this right.

Offline snowtiger87

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 10:23:37 am »
Mine works but it looks like the are sold out already for Saturday afternoon  >:(
Brewing since 1989 - BJCP National Rank
Member of KROC and Foam on the Range

Fermenting: Double IPA
Conditioning: Saison du Potiron
On tap: Cider, Cream Ale, Bock, Rye Dunkel Doppelbock, Celebration Clone, Imperial Stout

Offline ericthehalfab

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 10:24:03 am »
Same happened to me.  Now says high demand, no matches and cannot proceed.  Is it already sold out for Sat afternoon?

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 10:34:34 am »
Yeah, looks like Sat. afternoon is already sold out.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 10:35:20 am »
Keep trying, for me it said sold out, sold out, sold out.  I just kept refreshing my browser, and it all worked. 

Offline zentropy

• 1st Kit
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 10:39:51 am »
I can't believe they and ticket bastard keep screwing this up.  My AHA number didn't work for about 15 minutes, then finally let me buy Sat member ticket, but Friday was already gone.

I'm sooo pissed!
"Where ever we go, we take everywhere we've been.  Dirt cannot be denied." - Rob Story

Offline coons10

• 1st Kit
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 10:43:47 am »
Is anyone having luck buying saturday session tickets?.... or are they sold out?  Please post something here if you get tickets to let us know to keep trying.

Thanks!

Offline paul

• Cellarman
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 10:44:28 am »
I had the same issue with the Sat afternoon session, so I decided to just buy Fri night tickets. The good news is I could buy 4 tickets instead of just 2, so my wife and I can bring some friends.

I wouldn't blame these issues on AHA, but on Ticketmaster. Selling tickets online is supposed to be their area of expertise, but it seems like there are lots of little problems with their system. First, the system tells me my member number is wrong when it clearly was not. Then, when I decided to try for a Fri ticket instead, it accepted my member number and told me I was approved for the Fri might tickets with the farm to table option, which I had not selected. Fortunately when I got to the payment page, farm to table wasn't on my bill. Also, why is ticketmaster the only site that I visit that has that extra credit card verification password? I use Ticketmaster once every couple of years and can never remember it.

Offline bjurstrom

• 1st Kit
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 10:48:47 am »
I'm not able to get tickets for Thursday, Friday or Saturday afternoon. This is the second year I've been squeezed out. Damn this really sucks. GABF Saturday session is the biggest reason I am a member.

I am pissed!

Offline houstonvol

• 1st Kit
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 10:53:38 am »
Hey guys and gals, first post.

I got two tickets for Thursday using the code, but I was not able to get any for Friday.  Just try again tomorrow when they go on sale to the public.  Not all the tickets are put up for pre-sale.

I hate Ticketmaster as much as the next person, but reality is that this is an immensely popular event and tickets are going to sell out fast as it gets more and more popular.