Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Thanks Denny  (Read 9653 times)

Offline clef051

• 1st Kit
Re: Thanks Denny
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2013, 06:06:29 pm »
I guess I'll pile on, too.  I'm an all grain brewer BECAUSE of Denny Conn.  I regularly sell the merits of the the Cheap-N-Easy method to newer brewers in our club, or brewers looking to move from extract to all grain.  I also often ask myself "what would Denny do?"  Maybe we need to make spiffy "WWDD" wristbands.  The hitch would be deciding what color they'd be.  Deep chocolate like BVIP?  "Waldo Lake" amber?  I think they'd better be "tie dye."  ;-)

Thanks Denny!

Jim

Blue so they match the cooler :D

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2013, 08:12:48 pm »
Unfortunately for me, I learned all the bad brewing practices on my own before I even heard of Denny, so I don't have a blue cooler or any other color cooler for that matter.  I'm stuck doing fly sparges on a modified SABCO system.  If I had only known.

But, but, you can do batch sparging on a SABCO!  8)
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2013, 08:23:35 pm »
Unfortunately for me, I learned all the bad brewing practices on my own before I even heard of Denny, so I don't have a blue cooler or any other color cooler for that matter.  I'm stuck doing fly sparges on a modified SABCO system.  If I had only known.

But, but, you can do batch sparging on a SABCO!  8)

There's a lot of dead space under the false bottom that doesn't lend well to batch sparging, but it as other advantages.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995