Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Gotta brag just a leeetle  (Read 5512 times)

cornershot

Re: Gotta brag just a leeetle
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 06:04:26 am »
Sounds like a big win and a great opportunity for the ProAm. You even have to look for culinary (tart, sour, pie, what ever you want to call them) here, and there are a lot grown a few hours north.
As I understand it, Sam Adams buys up all the Michigan-grown tart cherries for their cherry wheat.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2013, 07:01:44 am »
Sounds like a big win and a great opportunity for the ProAm. You even have to look for culinary (tart, sour, pie, what ever you want to call them) here, and there are a lot grown a few hours north.
As I understand it, Sam Adams buys up all the Michigan-grown tart cherries for their cherry wheat.

You can find them fresh in the short time they are on. Montmorency are the most common, Balaton are less common so One needs to keep an eye out for those. The wife can find dried culinary cherries sometimes, great in salads.

I'm a sure BBC buys a bunch, but there are uses for pies, other foods, and concentrates. There is a business in Traverse City called Cherry Republic that uses them in a bunch of foods. Grand Traverse Pie Company would also be a big user for their cherry pies.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2013, 08:31:10 am »
...I get to brew up 15 bbls of the stuff at thirsty bear in SF to be their pro-am entry next year at GABF

Gotta love when BOS is a sour beer! Maybe not the Pro-Am volunteer brewery - might make them a bit nervous!

Looks like the wild side of homebrewing has its hooks sunk deep into Mort!

Yeah, I wonder about that as well. we will see. The hook is in good and deep. the entire 'spare' shower is filled with various experiments now. (I say it's spare, my wife has started to imagine how nice it would be to have a shower in her bathroom)
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce