Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: wierd quirks  (Read 24886 times)

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
wierd quirks
« on: December 18, 2013, 12:13:47 pm »
I got on site a couple of minutes ago and discovered I was logged on as someone else!  I don't remember the logon name though.  I hit logout and discovered that it said I was currently logged in as myself and that the logout didn't work. (It said an error occurred)

The picture of me below my screen name is also now gone.  And I went to post a reply and it came up with a timeout message (I hadn't been typing a long time), but I just hit 'post' again and it went through.

Everything else seems to be working.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline natez

• AHA Sr. Web Developer
  • Cellarman
Re: wierd quirks
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 12:55:35 pm »
Thanks for the info Steve.

We moved the site and forum to a new server yesterday and there are still a few bugs we're working out, and we have a few more graphical updates to the forum coming today. I do see that the forum avatars are missing. I will investigate.

We also implemented a new single-signon function from the main aha site to the forum, so if you're email addresses are synced up between your AHA account and Forum account, we auto log you in.

When you saw the wrong name in the header, had you logged in via the web site, or via the forum?

Please continue to let us (or me directly) know about any bugs you encounter.

Thanks!

-Nate

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 01:06:46 pm »
The last couple of times I've posted I get the post kicked back with a red warning box like the one that says "There have been one or more new posts made to this topic since...".  This warning box says "Your session has timed out, please log in and try again."  When I hit the submit button a second time (without logging in) it goes through and posts normally.

Edit:  When I submitted this post it went through first try.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 01:10:31 pm by punatic »
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 03:03:26 pm »
Thanks for the info Steve.

We moved the site and forum to a new server yesterday and there are still a few bugs we're working out, and we have a few more graphical updates to the forum coming today. I do see that the forum avatars are missing. I will investigate.

We also implemented a new single-signon function from the main aha site to the forum, so if you're email addresses are synced up between your AHA account and Forum account, we auto log you in.

When you saw the wrong name in the header, had you logged in via the web site, or via the forum?

Please continue to let us (or me directly) know about any bugs you encounter.

Thanks!

-Nate

When I saw the wrong name it was from a previous login (I set it to always remember me) on the forum site.

Thanks!  you guys do a great job.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 08:26:21 am »
yesterday I found myself suddenly thinking my mash tun is the wrong color.  I looked at the top of the screen and it said "Welcome, denny!"   :o

thankfully that nightmare is over.  seems to be working fine now.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 09:29:57 am »
yesterday I found myself suddenly thinking my mash tun is the wrong color.  I looked at the top of the screen and it said "Welcome, denny!"   :o

Wow, you could have had fun with that one!
Steve
BJCP #D1667

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 09:31:26 am »

Hey, if you think being me is a nightmare for YOU, imagine what it's like for me!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline kgs

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 07:06:24 am »
I suddenly only have 3 posts... I have posted hundreds of times. Not that it matters that much, really... though there is that other problem with my AHA membership going through 1/1/70. Site migrations can be fun!

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 02:58:06 pm »
I got on site a couple of minutes ago and discovered I was logged on as someone else!  I don't remember the logon name though.  I hit logout and discovered that it said I was currently logged in as myself and that the logout didn't work. (It said an error occurred)

The picture of me below my screen name is also now gone.  And I went to post a reply and it came up with a timeout message (I hadn't been typing a long time), but I just hit 'post' again and it went through.

Everything else seems to be working.

Yeah, it logged me on as you, yso191, and as Denny another time. I also gave up trying to post a couple of times, as it kept saying I was timed out.

Oh, well. Site looks great otherwise.
Kyle M.

natez2

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 03:18:25 pm »
Hi there-

We have fixed the issue with displaying your membership date showing at 1/1/70.

re: login issues - we have not been able to find the root of the problem. For those of you having issues - are you logging in to the forum directly, or via the web site, then clicking the large 'forum button'?

-Nate

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 03:24:56 pm »
Hi there-

We have fixed the issue with displaying your membership date showing at 1/1/70.

re: login issues - we have not been able to find the root of the problem. For those of you having issues - are you logging in to the forum directly, or via the web site, then clicking the large 'forum button'?

-Nate

Forum directly.
Kyle M.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 07:39:28 pm »
Forum directly for me too.

Nate when I saw your screen name I recognized it as the one I was logged in as when that occurred.  So apparently there was a temporary swap of some sort.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

Offline bigchicken

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lincoln, NE
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 06:56:16 am »
When I login my info is correct, but I have to login everytime I visit the site. I always check the box to stay logged in forever, but it doesn't remember me anymore. My browser settings haven't changed. Minor annoyance, but otherwise love the site.
TJ Cook

On Deck: Planning
Fermenting: Nothing
In bottles: It's All About MEAD!

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 08:30:19 am »
When I login my info is correct, but I have to login everytime I visit the site. I always check the box to stay logged in forever, but it doesn't remember me anymore. My browser settings haven't changed. Minor annoyance, but otherwise love the site.

+1   Me too
Jon H.

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 09:52:24 am »
Glad to see it is not just me.  My viewing the site has an entire new appearance. The text is
much easier to read. Resembles when you change the resolution of your monitor. 
Also my avitar is only showing the red x place marker. 
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.