Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: I guess I have pms  (Read 4334 times)

Offline speed

• Brewer
  • Thedford nebraska
I guess I have pms
« on: January 31, 2014, 05:10:45 pm »
I have been crabby and short tempered lately and a buddy of mine told me I have pms. I said, what? He said yea, Parked Motorcycle Syndrome. It's too dam cold to ride and I can't wait for it to warm up.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: I guess I have pms
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 05:16:34 pm »
It depends on where it's parked

Or

But in the barn? Ya, I'm with you. Brewing has saved me, but I'm jonesing for warm sun and knees in the breeze

Offline speed

• Brewer
  • Thedford nebraska
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 05:19:44 pm »
Ultra classic? What year? I'm looking at trading my 01heritage on a 2014 ultra dam those bikes are nice.

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 05:29:19 pm »
Wish I was here:

And no, it's not my wife's bike.  Can't wait until summer when the kids are out of school so I can ride it to work every day.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline speed

• Brewer
  • Thedford nebraska
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 05:35:18 pm »
I've got a 94 sportster, so there's nothing wrong with that. Hey, if you want another one, it's for sale.
That picture looks like its in the black hills of South Dakota.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 05:36:14 pm »
Ultra classic? What year? I'm looking at trading my 01heritage on a 2014 ultra dam those bikes are nice.

2011 Ultra. I had an 08 Heritage before this bike. Long story, but I lost a wheel bearing on my way to the Black Hills in 2011 and traded it for the Ultra. Love the Ultra but I miss the Heritage. I had totally redone it myself. All but wheel bearings...

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 05:37:55 pm »
Wish I was here:

And no, it's not my wife's bike.  Can't wait until summer when the kids are out of school so I can ride it to work every day.

Nice! Don't let anyone give you crap about the sporty. If I could have more bikes, one would be a 48

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 05:50:41 pm »
Thanks, both of you.  I don't get much crap about it these days, but I don't hang out with those guys anymore.

I just about lost my handlebars in the Black Hills.  Bushings failed and I had about at least a half inch of play coming down from Mt. Rushmore.  Of course, it wasn't sudden but much more noticeable in the hills.

Thankfully, new bushings were in stock.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 06:04:54 pm »
My first Harley was a sportster. The day I got it a guy I was riding with said he thought I was crazy to buy a girl's bike. I pointed out that if my 1200 was a girls bike, what was his Suzuki 700? He tried to explain sport bike dynamics but then he couldn't keep up with me in the twisties. He quit riding with me.

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 08:45:29 pm »
My first bike was a Honda CB400F.  The same guys how busted on the sporty busted on the Honda.  I rode off and left them, cuz they had no bikes at the time.

That Honda was fun.  Got my girl hooked on bikes.  She likes the sporty a lot more.  She won't let me sell it even though we don't go out on it much since we've had kids.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 08:52:53 pm »
My first Harley was a Suzuki Marauder. People were always telling me how they loved my Harley...

I need to put a new battery in my Katana and turn it over; its been in the garage covered for quite a while and I've been thinking about getting it running again. ;D

The landscape in those pics are pretty awesome.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 09:26:06 pm »
Jim   - I had some junk (and I mean junk) bikes in my 20s, but my point here is that those are some damn nice pics you posted.  They look like post cards.   
Jon H.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 09:50:08 pm »
Thanks. That is my real life. Mrs Klickitat and I live for summers on the bike in the Rockies

#1 is the Teitons obviously
#2 is Flathead Lake looking toward Glacier NP
#3 The aped out Heritage parked in front of the Blue Bird. Oldest (supposedly) tavern in Washington in down town Bickleton. They do have a 200 year old pool table... but only BMC.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 09:59:10 pm by klickitat jim »

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 09:54:06 pm »
Don't feel bad about a Sporty. I have a 92 Suzuki GS500E that my uncle calls a "Hon-derrr". I pretend it is a term of endearment. Never mind that I rebuilt the engine and tranny and repainted the entire bike... still ain't good enough! ::)
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 09:57:59 pm »
Thanks. That is my real life. Mrs Klickitat and I live for summers on the bike in the Rockies

I can see why !
Jon H.