Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Must be some outstanding NHC beer entries out there.  (Read 11278 times)

Offline rajraju

• 1st Kit
Re: Must be some outstanding NHC beer entries out there.
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2010, 05:06:53 am »
OK one final question:

Why wouldn't score sheets be completed for the mini BOS and included in the packet that is mailed back to the entrant?  These would be higher ranked judges I presume who would provide even better feedback in a perfect world that is.......

Offline gail

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2010, 06:42:03 am »
OK one final question:

Why wouldn't score sheets be completed for the mini BOS and included in the packet that is mailed back to the entrant?  These would be higher ranked judges I presume who would provide even better feedback in a perfect world that is.......

Because there aren't score sheets done in mini-BOS or BOS rounds.  The only task is to choose 1st, 2nd, 3rd place of the best beers sent by the flight judges.
Best way to understand the process is to steward or even to judge (better yet, take the BJCP exam).  Comps generally need all the volunteers they can get.

Offline babalu87

• Brewmaster
  • Grand Brewbah
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2010, 07:13:52 am »
OK one final question:

Because there aren't score sheets done in mini-BOS or BOS rounds.  The only task is to choose 1st, 2nd, 3rd place of the best beers sent by the flight judges.
Best way to understand the process is to steward or even to judge (better yet, take the BJCP exam).  Comps generally need all the volunteers they can get.

Thats how I found out

One of the more interesthing things (beer related) I have ever seen was a BOS judging.
Especially fun when a few of the beers are yours
Jeff

On draught:
IIPA, Stout, Hefeweizen, Hallertau Pale Ale, Bitter

Primary:
Hefeweizen,Berliner Weisse, Mead

Offline bearcat

• Cellarman
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2010, 08:13:23 am »
Is there a way to find out what the beers where that placed in 23a? If it was a Smoked Rye IPA,  Oaked Scottish Ale, or Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter  or some other imaginative concoction .

Difficult category to judge if you have those combinations!

Offline tankdeer

• Brewer
  • Portland, OR
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2010, 09:28:40 am »
OK one final question:

Thats how I found out

One of the more interesthing things (beer related) I have ever seen was a BOS judging.
Especially fun when a few of the beers are yours
Agreed. This really is the best way to understand it. Volunteer - the competition organizers will be happy to have you. Even if it's your first time.
No TV and no beer make Homer something something...

Offline babalu87

• Brewmaster
  • Grand Brewbah
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2010, 10:20:41 am »
Agreed. This really is the best way to understand it. Volunteer - the competition organizers will be happy to have you. Even if it's your first time.
[/quote]

Unless your THAT GUY who shows up , eats and then leaves with a bag of chips.............................................

Jeff

On draught:
IIPA, Stout, Hefeweizen, Hallertau Pale Ale, Bitter

Primary:
Hefeweizen,Berliner Weisse, Mead