Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Banned!  (Read 25443 times)

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
Re: Banned!
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2009, 11:42:43 pm »
Did you ever have a mullet? ;)

Oh god yes, fortunately no one has ever decided to take my senior high school yearbook photo and put it online!

Quote from: rabid_dingo
Or Kevin Smith...(a.k.a. Silent Bob)

I met Kevin Smith once at a signing. He looked at me, did a double take and laughed when I told him "No seriously, this is my natural look"

Now for the fun embarrassing photo of me that a college roomie of mine posted a while back. This is me in my Freshman year of college.

What do I mostly wear these days? Black work boots, jeans and black t-shirts. Only difference is the beard, the gut and the grey hair.

Ok, I think I've now helped turn this thread into a complete "Embarrass Drew" thread. :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 11:54:22 pm by dbeechum »
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2009, 06:41:06 am »

Or Kevin Smith...(a.k.a. Silent Bob)

Kinda of Silent Bob and Dante mix...Silent Dante.  :D
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline zee

• Cellarman
    • masholes.org
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2009, 06:57:30 am »
Ok, I think I've now helped turn this thread into a complete "Embarrass Drew" thread. :)

one mod down, 8 more to go. ;)

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2009, 09:14:28 am »
one mod down, 8 more to go. ;)

Some of them haven't even got one post. So does that make it harder or easier to pick on them?

-OCD
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline SwashBuckling Drunk

• Assistant Brewer
  • Boring, Oregon
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2009, 09:19:42 am »

Can I adopt you?   ;)

Oh heck yeah.

I'm thirsty Dad.  Whatcha got?

Offline woody

• Cellarman
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2009, 03:49:39 pm »
This should be easily accomplished.  It's usually a misfit, or two, that show up and stir up trouble.  Discussion forums generally behave as well as they are moderated.  This site is shaping up to have a great membership that should give the mods minimal trouble.  I'm seeing great brewers on here that I haven't encountered in years.  I truly believe that keeping politics off the board really minimizes the trouble.  I refuse to participate in any boards that allow any political discussions (even in a political section).  It sure seems like you're off to an incredible start.

Can I adopt you?   ;)

Seriously, thank you for your comments.  You've summed up what the philosophy of the mods is, and what the AHA is trying to accomplish with this board.  With the help of the users of this forum, we'll do our best to make sure this is the premiere homebrewing site on the internet.

Agreed, this forum is excellent.  I jumped ship on the last forum not because of the mods, but because of a few jokers that showed up simply for the off topic threads and to start crap.    That forced the hands of the mods which ended up being painful to everyone in the long run.
This forum is awesome, all the members, ones I already know and ones I don't, are great.  Great beer talk and advice, pleasant off topic conversation,  Nice little community thats growing.   I hope to see it grow but I want to see it stay just as tight knit as it is now
I believe in a society with a ruling class.   Cause I rule

Offline timo

• Cellarman
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2009, 08:02:22 pm »
Agreed Woody. I've seen too much crap happen to a couple of sites lately to want to have it happen here. Now we have a site where its the face of organized home brewing and there ain't no place else left to go but down. I monitored this a while before I signed in and am happy they have put on their game face and seem determined from the start to keep the riff raff down and the quality up, its up to us to play by the rules and make this a great place to come.

But then there is always gonna be that guy who wants to push the limits. Those are the guys that bring the whole house down eventually because the next numb nut follows suit and so on. I've seen it way too often on NB BN and TB over the years.

TimO

« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 08:03:54 pm by timo »
To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.This works in brewing, too.

Offline timo

• Cellarman
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2009, 11:06:49 am »
The only reason I pop in there anymore is its still in my favorites section on the browser....I may have gotten bored and clicked on it. Nobody ever dissed me there but I didn't like the tone and the blathering still going on daily so, like others, I pretty much leave it alone. Here the blathering should happen here in the Pub section istead of the beer section. I can come in and leave and go talk beer in the other sections.

I'll concentrate my attention here as much as possible going forward. Support my AHA brothers and sisters and promote brewing. I will push only this site to the classes we teach, with all due respect to the other sites of course.

TimO
To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.This works in brewing, too.

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2009, 11:14:08 am »
I'll concentrate my attention here as much as possible going forward. Support my AHA brothers and sisters and promote brewing. I will push only this site to the classes we teach, with all due respect to the other sites of course.

TimO
I really appreciate that Tim

Thanks
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)

Offline timo

• Cellarman
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2009, 04:16:37 pm »
I will push only this site to the classes we teach, with all due respect to the other sites of course.

That's probably best, because TB has really become, for the most part, a site for experienced brewers. Cheers.

This is why I'm not there anymore. Nice...