Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Card benefits  (Read 4975 times)

Offline JWM1484

• 1st Kit
Re: Card benefits
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2016, 06:02:34 pm »
I was once out of town and asked at a Brew Pub if they give any AHA discounts which they didn't and weren't on the list. The bartender asked me about it and what it was and ended up giving me a 15% discount.

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2016, 06:43:42 pm »
Seriously...you get the manager to fix your discount at a brew pub or beer joint...you just flagged yourself as a douche...enjoy the spittle infused discount brews this evening...I can see using coupons and discounts...but while out at a bar...smooth
Only if you are one to do it in a douchey way. Done politely a bartender would not be offended by this.
I worked at restaurants for many years and never once saw someone's food tampered with, and I have seen some pretty awful customer behavior. Its a myth that this is what happens if you rock the boat.
Agree Pete.  While it was a long time ago, I worked in food service for years and wouldn't have taken offense to this.  Most (that I know) would want to know about any discounts or member deals that have the potential to bring customers (tippers) back often. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2016, 08:52:34 pm »
Seriously...you get the manager to fix your discount at a brew pub or beer joint...you just flagged yourself as a douche...enjoy the spittle infused discount brews this evening...I can see using coupons and discounts...but while out at a bar...smooth
Only if you are one to do it in a douchey way. Done politely a bartender would not be offended by this.
I worked at restaurants for many years and never once saw someone's food tampered with, and I have seen some pretty awful customer behavior. Its a myth that this is what happens if you rock the boat.
I agree. 30 years in restaurants, never seen food messed with. I spent 15 of those years as a line cook or kitchen manager. The rest was running the front of house. No matter what the rumors are, guest behavior is 1000x worse than anything employee behavior I ever witnessed or was told about. I politely asked a server here in Gunnison about the AHA discount and she made it happen after checking with manager. Unfortunately it was only 10% off house brews. It wound up being less than $1 and in the end I felt bad asking for it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)