Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Shipping issue with NHC Philly  (Read 3634 times)

Offline hackrsackr

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Shipping issue with NHC Philly
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2018, 08:14:42 am »
If, big if, there was no way to ship homebrew, it would be tough on clubs who sponsor big competitions. But good for little local ones.

I just thought I'd point that out because I'm such a big fan of Capt Obvious

That might not actually be a bad thing for homebrewing in general, but it’ll ruin the NHC. I imagine that would in turn hurt the conference ticket sales, and even membership renewals and sales.

I think that the AHA should develop a real solution, instead of leaving it to it’s members to find loopholes or possibly illegal options to participate in the major event that they sponsor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Shipping issue with NHC Philly
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2018, 12:45:54 pm »
I know that some guys are cutting back on entry in comps for this reason - our club arranges delivery by the member who lives nearest to competition drop off sites and is willing to deliver entries.  We haven’t figured anything out yet for NHC Finals.  That will require shipping, so the legal measures are worth exploring.  A few years back there was a mom and pop shipper that had some kind of license to ship alcohol (they dealt with a lot of commercial wines sent out as holiday gifts, etc, but sadly, they couldn’t compete with the big boys and they closed up 4-5 years ago.

When they shipped it they put a special sticker on the outside of the package identifying it as alcohol - I always wondered about the diversion of items at the receiving end....
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"