Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Babalu  (Read 149686 times)

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
Re: Babalu
« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2010, 11:55:10 pm »
They do say smells are the most powerful stimulus.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #166 on: September 24, 2010, 12:11:28 am »
I think it's a wonderful idea. Please it really might help!
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #167 on: September 24, 2010, 09:50:16 am »
Hops are known to have some very deep and subliminal effects on the brain. I think this is a fantastic idea. This needs to be tried ASAP!

Get better, bud! Its time to pull out of this!

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #168 on: September 24, 2010, 10:40:44 pm »
I'm sacrificing brain cells for ya, man.
Come on Jeff. You're a strong guy. I know you can do this.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2010, 06:16:30 pm »
Update: 9/25/2010

Jeff has been moved to a rehab facility on the North Shore.  He will remain there until he is awake and able to follow commands, at which point he'll likely be moved to full Rehab facility in Boston for intensive rehab. 

Jeff had a sleepy morning and a pretty responsive afternoon.  He opened his eyes a lot today, sometimes on his own and sometimes in response to his wife and her sister talking to him and asking him questions.  He opened his eyes to a a question about whether he wanted to see his kids.  He opened his eyes to when asked if he wanted a beer, since Sam's Oktoberfest is out.  He also opened his eyes to a conversation about the tuna bite being on.   He's still not tracking objects when his eyes are open, but he is looking in the direction of familiar voices.  His overall healh is good otherwise. We'll find out soon, what they have planned for Jeff while he's at this facility.

As always, keep Jeff and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

------------------------------------------
Donate to Jeff via PayPal

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #170 on: September 25, 2010, 06:26:01 pm »
We will keep Jeff in our thoughts.

I'd like to raise a pint to Jeff's recovery.

As always...Thanks Frank for the update.
Ron Price

boulderbrewer

« Reply #171 on: September 26, 2010, 07:13:38 pm »
Jeff!!! We need our beermaking friend back. Come back!

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2010, 11:08:14 am »
Come on, Jeff. Still pulling for ya, buddy.

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2010, 05:04:29 pm »
Update: 9/29/2010

Jeff's progress is going slowly.  He continues to open his eyes on his own but is still not tracking.  He's responding to his wife and family by opening his eyes and sometimes looking in their direction.  His wife says that today he was squeezing her hand throughout the day.   She specifically asked him to squeeze her hand, to show her he loves her and he did.  The nurse actually witnessed this little interaction and acknowledged that she saw him squeeze her hand.  Yesterday he did have a fever and his white blood cell count was up, so they put him on antibiotics to treat any infection.  His temp was back down today. 

Keep the faith, keep the positive thoughts and prayers coming.  And let's hope that his progress starts to pick up it's pace soon.

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2010, 05:57:21 pm »
Continued thoughts and prayers. This is the first thread I check when coming here. Let's go Jeff, the fish and the homebrew aren't going to catch and brew themselves.  ;D
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #175 on: September 29, 2010, 09:37:50 pm »
God bless him and his family. I hope and pray he pulls through this thing soon.

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #176 on: September 29, 2010, 10:35:05 pm »
I have faith in Jeff. These baby steps are encouraging.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #177 on: September 30, 2010, 06:51:47 am »
Hoping for the best for Jeff and his family. God willing.
Ron Price

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #178 on: September 30, 2010, 12:14:53 pm »
This is going to be a long road to recovery. My thoughts go out to his family. Good progress. Hopefully Jeff will be talking soon.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #179 on: September 30, 2010, 03:56:24 pm »
Update: 9/30/2010

Jeff had a great day today!  They had him sitting up in a chair.  It's a big mechanical chair that lays flat so they can transfer him easily from his bed.  They strap him in and sit him up.  He spent a good deal of time in the chair today. 

He had his eyes open a lot today and seemed more alert.  Best of all, the nurse watched Jeff track his mother as she walked across the room.  That's big.  Later,  Jeff's wife saw him move his hand and she pointed it out to the occupational therapist.  The OT got in Jeff's face and asked him to move his hand again and he did.  In fact, he moved it 5 out of 5 times she asked him to.

Keep the prayers an thoughts coming, he's getting closer.