Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Decent online homebrewing forums?  (Read 3010 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Decent online homebrewing forums?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2022, 08:03:26 am »
HBT is the best these days. Ignore the rare aholes, most folks on there are great.

Agreed - Although this one is one of the best for technical info IMO

You guys must be looking at another HBT than I do.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2022, 08:27:59 am »
Message Village Taphouse (Ken) here.  He runs it.
It looks like everything is working and I see Steve as a new member.  The forum is smaller and slower but we have a good group here.  Anyone and everyone is welcome.  The forum is active enough where you will not see days and days go by without a post but the traffic is not the same as here, clearly. Many thanks to Denny for mentioning it.  Cheers Beerheads.
I got on, but when I try to do a post I get a thing wanting a guest name and when I put my name in it tells me that name is taken.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2022, 08:31:39 am »
It looks like everything is working and I see Steve as a new member.  The forum is smaller and slower but we have a good group here.  Anyone and everyone is welcome.  The forum is active enough where you will not see days and days go by without a post but the traffic is not the same as here, clearly. Many thanks to Denny for mentioning it.  Cheers Beerheads.
I got on, but when I try to do a post I get a thing wanting a guest name and when I put my name in it tells me that name is taken.
I realized I needed to log in, but when I tried that I got an invalid token message.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2022, 08:36:40 am »
I realized I needed to log in, but when I tried that I got an invalid token message.
Interesting.  We only have 60 members there and I have not heard of this issue with anyone else.  I might try to set up a new user and see if everything is working properly.  Thanks for the feedback. 
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2022, 08:38:35 am »
I see that Megary just joined as well.  Interested to see if he is having the same issue. 
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2022, 09:29:39 am »
I see that Megary just joined as well.  Interested to see if he is having the same issue.

I've just created a post and no issues that I can tell.  Steve has me afraid to Logout though.  ;D

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2022, 08:37:31 am »
Interesting.  We only have 60 members there and I have not heard of this issue with anyone else.  I might try to set up a new user and see if everything is working properly.  Thanks for the feedback.
I tried that with another email address I have and got the same invalid request token message.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2022, 03:55:01 pm »
I miss the old Brews and Views. RIP Bill Pierce.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2022, 04:09:09 pm »

Indeed.  Looks like Scott is gonna open up RatChat for a day soon. I can let ya know if you're interested.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2022, 04:28:10 pm »

Indeed.  Looks like Scott is gonna open up RatChat for a day soon. I can let ya know if you're interested.

Please do! And invite Dan Listermann!  ;)

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2022, 08:33:31 am »

Please do! And invite Dan Listermann!  ;)

😂

www.dennybrew.com

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2022, 09:17:11 am »

/r/homebrewing: the updated FAQ/wiki is a pleasant surprise.  I'm a "wiki skeptic" -  historically, I have seen that wikis are easy to start and hard to maintain. So "+1" to the people at /r/homebrewing who are making that FAQ/wiki better.   Also, for those following people (not forums), there are a number of people who post only over in /r/homebrewing. 

true actually, one thing i like about reddit for homebrewing is inclusion of what seems like a fair amount of pictures and a fairly serious tone

Offline davidw

• Cellarman
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2022, 10:02:44 pm »
Heh heh, I was down in Cinci last summer to do some bar hopping with a friend. We stopped by Listermann Brewing and I left Dan a message that the Brews & Views came calling & that we would be back the next day to share a beer, he did not show. Was probably lounging on his riverbank oasis, the beer(s) were all good. 
"The intriguing situation about brewing, on the other hand, is that mechanisms are theoretically possible, and the real key to success is the ability to identify those that are genuinely relevant in any particular situation."

~ George Fix : Introduction, Principles of Brewing Science

Offline passedpawn

• 1st Kit
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2022, 03:45:17 pm »
HBT is the best these days. Ignore the rare aholes, most folks on there are great.

Agreed - Although this one is one of the best for technical info IMO

You guys must be looking at another HBT than I do.

Hmmm... homebrewing is a fairly small world.  I'd think all of these forums are on the same team. Seeing you denigrate another homebrewing forum is disappointing. 
- Andrew

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2022, 07:28:06 pm »

Hmmm... homebrewing is a fairly small world.  I'd think all of these forums are on the same team. Seeing you denigrate another homebrewing forum is disappointing.

no. i wasn't going to get into it, and won't further than to say HBT has a strange vibe often, and is heavy on text, light on hard content. I think the rules are to stay on topic here (this forum) more strictly, and I like it. it even keeps me in line, because i don't want to lose access to this valuable method of crowdsourcing info/answers.