Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Decent online homebrewing forums?  (Read 3008 times)

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
Re: Decent online homebrewing forums?
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2022, 09:28:18 pm »
Y’all must be reading different threads than I read.  Plenty of great content and traffic at HBT. Maybe you guys are thinking of Reddit. I’m not even sure why I’m on there.
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2022, 05:49:44 am »
HBT? I can find good information there when I'm  searching a topic.

There is something  about the layout of the user interface that i never liked. Too complicated.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2022, 06:47:29 am »
Hands down, the AHA forum is the best. We have learned a great deal from this forum. It was actually here that I was introduced to Diamond Lager Yeast.

And another big thank-you to Denny, as he encouraged us to try it.

As most of you know, we are not into the crazy-hazy beer thing, IPA's, Rooty-Fruity beers, etc.

Our brewing preference is classic beers. Mostly Euro style lagers, with a few British beers from time to time.

The advice provided on this forum has proven to be very, very helpful. Thanks to everyone here for the educational input!

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Decent online homebrewing forums?
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2022, 07:22:41 am »
I think HBT and this forum are two different beasts. HBT has way more activity. There is good and bad information there. There are so many people there that some subtopics have the same level activity as this forum. That can be nice if you’re really into that subtopic. This forum is general home brewing at a slower pace than HBT. I like that. I can get to know the personalities and learn whose advice works for me (maybe they have similar tastes or like the same styles) and whose doesn’t (maybe they brew hazies ;).

PS. I think this forum is an older demographic also. Kinder gentler…
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 07:24:29 am by tommymorris »