Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: So I got myself an e-cigarette  (Read 6406 times)

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
So I got myself an e-cigarette
« on: January 16, 2011, 11:46:45 pm »
Because I figured, you know, what the hell.

It's kind of cool. And I haven't smoked a real cigarette since Thursday morning.

Now I find myself mixing up different juice flavors. I fear I may be turning this into a hobby.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

jaybeerman

Re: So I got myself an e-cigarette
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 03:10:46 am »
And I haven't smoked a real cigarette since Thursday morning.

Nice, that's a good start anyway.  When i see or hear "E-cig" I will always think of a story I just read by Patty Houston called "Wargasm."  A brilliant short story that you can find in the latest copy of Oxford American (The Future Issue 2010).  Cheers and good luck with the e-cig

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 11:58:17 am »
It's odd, this thing. The nicotine hit is much, much different and I can see myself being easily able to wean myself off of the stuff with this. But the actual "smoking" experience is actually more pleasurable than the "real" thing, due to the fact that it actually tastes and smells good.

So I'm kind of worried that it's actually making the mental habit stronger, even though it's supposedly 1,000 times safer than tobacco and there are zero carcinogens. I guess at a certain point you just do whatever it takes. Switching over wasn't even like quitting, so I can see this being a lasting change. If it keeps me from dying of lung cancer I'll takes me chances with the rest.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 12:26:03 pm »
I have been the gambit...successfully now over a year I might add...I got my best help by

CHEWING hops...prefer flowers do not like the texture of pellets. Just a pinch between
the cheek and gum...amazing the effect of the alpha acids and resins that kind of numb
your tongue.  

Good luck on your adventure...

Oh and BTW, I am trying this method to cut down on eating food...just a pinch between
the cheek and gum...prolly get some new unheard of ailment from hops but for now...shrug...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 12:27:43 pm by 1vertical »
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 12:36:59 pm »
I have been the gambit...successfully now over a year I might add...I got my best help by

CHEWING hops...prefer flowers do not like the texture of pellets. Just a pinch between
the cheek and gum...amazing the effect of the alpha acids and resins that kind of numb
your tongue.  

Good luck on your adventure...

Oh and BTW, I am trying this method to cut down on eating food...just a pinch between
the cheek and gum...prolly get some new unheard of ailment from hops but for now...shrug...

Hop Cheek?

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 01:09:00 pm »
E-cig? Sweet! I sell those on the phone. eck, I may have even taken your order!   :D
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 01:15:30 pm »
E-cig? Sweet! I sell those on the phone. eck, I may have even taken your order!   :D

Not me, man. I buy online with as little actual human contact as possible. Plus, I can tell when the person on the other end isn't wearing pants. It's like a 6th sense.

Offline EHall

• Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 02:35:12 pm »
you didnt get this thing to try and stop smoking did you?
Phoenix, AZ

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 03:11:23 pm »
you didnt get this thing to try and stop smoking did you?

Well, I got it to stop smoking cigarettes. Which I did.

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 04:39:41 pm »

Not me, man. I buy online with as little actual human contact as possible. Plus, I can tell when the person on the other end isn't wearing pants. It's like a 6th sense.

Hater.   >:(
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline EHall

• Brewmaster
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 06:24:39 pm »
it doesn't seem like this would help you quit... merely redirect you to something being marketed as 'healthier'....
Phoenix, AZ

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 06:38:09 pm »
I think the problem is that most of it is the habit not the addiction. Its the oral gratification.

Ya just have to find something else to shove in your mouth and suck on.
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 07:15:50 pm »
I think the problem is that most of it is the habit not the addiction. Its the oral gratification.

Ya just have to find something else to shove in your mouth and suck on.

A beer bottle? A picnic tap?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 09:46:13 pm »
it doesn't seem like this would help you quit... merely redirect you to something being marketed as 'healthier'....

Yes. Something that doesn't contain known carcinogens. Like those things I apparently no longer smoke.

Cap, I see what you're doing there, I just choose to ignore you. There'll be plenty of time for uncomfortable humor when we're packed into a winnebago with no escape. And a banjo.

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 10:09:36 pm »
Bluesman smokes cigars. maybe he will go on the trip too.
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us