Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Anyone familiar with "Stout Tanks and Kettles"  (Read 5438 times)

Offline andyi

• Assistant Brewer
Anyone familiar with "Stout Tanks and Kettles"
« on: April 07, 2011, 12:04:20 pm »

Anyone familiar with this company?  I am looking for a 15gal kettle.  These are very shiny  ;D

http://conical-fermenter.com/products/brew-kettles/

Offline jbarnett1981

• 1st Kit
Re: Anyone familiar with "Stout Tanks and Kettles"
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 12:22:32 pm »
I'm familiar with them but only from their website and through email discussions with John. I'm torn between getting a 15 gallon kettle from Stout Tanks or Blichmann as well as a 15 gallon MLT.

I currently use a blichmann 10 gallon kettle with a hop stopper and have my hop filtration technique down solid now. I'm hesitant to move to a different style of kettle (dish bottom) and different method for hop filtration (whirlpool through tangential).

Also, I've heard the perforated Blichmann false bottoms are extremely efficient and filter very well. Not sure about Stout tanks.

I'd like to upgrade to a 15 gal Stout kettle and MLT to take advantage of the awesome stainless and triclamp goodness, but there seems to be a serious LACK of reviews for this equipment. Not so with Blichmann.

Did you end up buying a stout tank? If so, I'd love to hear some feedback from actual experience using it.

Cheers!
Julian
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:44:47 pm by jbarnett1981 »

Offline gsandel

• Brewer
  • www.onbeer.blogspot.com
    • On Beer
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 11:18:48 pm »
I have the 19 gallon HLT with HERMS coil....still learning on it (5 brews in), my only complaint is that everything is Chinese (which makes it affordable, I know).

Problem I had was the wait for it to arrive.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen...

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 08:26:18 pm »
Boy.......$hiny.
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

Offline ibru

• Assistant Brewer
  • Brew Day is My Day!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 10:53:27 am »
I purchased the 15 gallon conical from Stout last winter. So far, after 4 brews (including the Czech Pils that's now lagering) I'm very satisfied. Sure saves time and effort when dumping yeast and filling kegs. I put the conical in a temp contolled freezer that sits on a Harbor Freight scissor jack cart.