Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Six day IPA  (Read 9266 times)

ccarlson

Re: Six day IPA
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2011, 10:08:58 am »
How about a mild Denny?  Irish stout, brown ale?  Even a hoppy pale ale can be done and delicious in a short period of time, you just need to understand the limitations of brewing on short notice.  Low gravity, quick fermentation, not a lot of time for playing around with flavors post ferment.  Ferment, chill, keg, carb, serve, drink.  No problem.

I corrected that for you. :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:01:07 am by ccarlson »

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2011, 10:57:30 am »
How about a mild Denny?  Irish stout, brown ale?  Even a hoppy pale ale can be done and delicious in a short period of time, you just need to understand the limitations of brewing on short notice.  Low gravity, quick fermentation, not a lot of time for playing around with flavors post ferment.  Ferment, chill, keg, carb, serve.  No problem.

I have never found a mild that I care for.  Burned out on Irish stout a long time ago.  LOVE hoppy American browns, English browns (as most English styles) do nothing for me.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2011, 11:57:17 am »
How about a mild Denny?  Irish stout, brown ale?  Even a hoppy pale ale can be done and delicious in a short period of time, you just need to understand the limitations of brewing on short notice.  Low gravity, quick fermentation, not a lot of time for playing around with flavors post ferment.  Ferment, chill, keg, carb, serve.  No problem.

I have never found a mild that I care for.  Burned out on Irish stout a long time ago.  LOVE hoppy American browns, English browns (as most English styles) do nothing for me.
So you need a hoppy mild :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2011, 12:14:50 pm »

With flavor and at least moderate body.  I've never found a mild I like that didn't remind me of water.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2011, 12:18:51 pm »
How about a mild Denny? 

I find Denny to be pretty laid back, easy going, and mild.  ;D
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2011, 12:47:40 pm »
How about a mild Denny? 

I find Denny to be pretty laid back, easy going, and mild.  ;D

www.dennybrew.com

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2011, 06:01:46 am »

With flavor and at least moderate body.  I've never found a mild I like that didn't remind me of water.

I dunno, that's what I really like about milds - they're table beers. Drink 'em for breakfast if you want. Although perhaps that's me getting burned out on hops after having pulls from my new hop rocket every night for the last week.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline Beer Monger

• Brewer
  • ---Michael Dieterle--------- ---Seattle, WA
    • Beer Monger - Adventures In the Wonderful World of Beer.
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2011, 07:10:57 am »

I dunno, that's what I really like about milds - they're table beers. Drink 'em for breakfast if you want. Although perhaps that's me getting burned out on hops after having pulls from my new hop rocket every night for the last week.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/61333/saturday-night-live-am-ale
Beer Monger's Blog
Follow my Beer Monger page on Facebook!

Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.

Offline timberati

• Assistant Brewer
  • Norm
    • Batch-22
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2011, 09:14:11 pm »
Been a lot of talk of fast beer lately. Well, darn it, I'm doing it! Got a bbq I'm planning next weekend, and my 10 gallons of wheat is about gone. It's gone over real well with my friends here. Need to get something else on tap for the party. So, I'm doing my house IPA. I've done it in 8 days before. This time, I plan to brew on Saturday, and keg 5 gallons of it Friday night, and cold crash it. Saturday morning, I will force carb it, and be drinking by 6 p.m. that day. I'll keg the other 5 gallons after it's had a full 14 days. Call me crazy, but i'm doing it!  8)
How did it work out?
Cervesariis Feliciter
Batch-22 http://52beers.wordpress.com/
Twitter: timberati

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2011, 09:16:53 pm »
Ended up doing it the right way. I brewed it this past Saturday, and I will be home from Ohio to keg it on the 11th.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.