Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Life is Good  (Read 4037 times)

Offline andrew

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lake Charles / Sweet Lake, LA
Re: Life is Good
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 06:32:42 am »
Getting out of South Florida/Broward County. Me, the wife, and kid are getting closer to rest of family in Louisiana and finally will be able to buy an acre or two. Hop and vegetable growing will commece next year.
Andrew Tingler

In bottles or on tap: porter, quad, and wit
Secondary: empty
Primary: empty
On Deck: Blackberry Stout and Irish Red

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 04:02:59 pm »
Getting out of South Florida/Broward County. Me, the wife, and kid are getting closer to rest of family in Louisiana and finally will be able to buy an acre or two. Hop and vegetable growing will commece next year.

I hear you.  I loved living in Florida for most of my life.  My family and I lived many places around the world, but Florida was always home.  Florida has changed so much and the quality of life there diminished so much, I had to move away.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 09:09:05 am »
Next week is my last week of work before 3 1/2 weeks of vacation. Gonna have to bust my ass and probably put in around 80 hours this week, but after that, smooth sailin'. We're going kayaking with some friends today and then I'm gonna start grinding grain for my next batch, hopefully get them in the fermenters before we leave so when I get back I got myself some more homebrew. Beer engine is being delivered sometime this week and then I can get some of my (apparently not infected) english mild flowing through there.

Edit to say, forgot to add: we successfully launched and recovered our space balloon yesterday! Pic:

Full gallery (4 pages) here: http://galerie.opencoding.org/?q=album/35-nbsp2

That's a heck of a pic phil!

Brewed 1 gallon strong and just shy of 4 gallons small beer in the first rain of the autumn here, hung out with my baby who is this close to walking. Had homemade pasta with homemade sauce and chilled out with a glass of the smokey hefeweizen which is not nearly as bad as I had feared.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce