The Substance from Bissel Brothers Brewing Co. flirts with the new world IPA style in a way that intrigues and compels, adding complexity and not detracting from the beer. It does have notes of tropical citrus, but it is still first and foremost “dank” with a perceived bitterness that contributes to an overall balanced experience.
This homebrew recipe is featured in 51 Craft Beer Clone Recipes 2019. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Bissel Brothers Brewing The Substance New England IPA | American IPA
- 10 lb (4.53 kg) Pale 2-row malt
- 1.18 lb (0.53 kg) Flaked Wheat
- 5.6 oz Crystal 20 malt
- 3.8 oz Flaked Oats
- Apollo hops (bittering)
- 1 oz Falconer's Flight hops (flameout)
- 1 oz Centennial hops (flameout)
- 3 oz Falconer's Flight hops (dry hop)
- 1.5 oz Centennial hops (dry hop)
- 1 oz Eureka hops (dry hop)
- 1 oz Apollo hops (dry hop)
- 1 oz Chinook hops (dry hop)
- California Common yeast (Wyeast 2112, WLP 810, or similar)
- Original Gravity: 1.061
- Final Gravity: 1.011
Mash at 150-152° F (65-67° C). Ferment at 68° F (20° C), rising to 70-72° F (21-22° C) in second day of fermentation.