Gnarly Barley, located in Hammond, La., about an hour north of New Orleans, was founded in 2014. Try your hand at their Korova Milk Porter brewed with flaked oats and barley. Gnarly describes this beer as having a sweet coffee and chocolate flavor with a silky smooth finish.
This homebrew recipe is featured in Top 50 Commercial Clone Beer Recipes. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Gnarly Barley Brewing Co. Korova Milk Porter | Specialty Beer
- 16 lb Pale malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM)
- 4 lb Munich 10L (Briess) (10 SRM)
- 2 lb Brown malt (Simpsons) (150 SRM)
- 2 lb Caramel/Crystal malt - 30 L (30 SRM)
- 2 lb Chocolate malt (350 SRM)
- 2 lb Oats, flaked (Briess) (1.4 SRM)
- 1.5 lb Barley, flaked (Briess) (1.7 SRM)
- 1 oz Fuggle hops, 4.5% a.a. (60 min)
- 1 oz Fuggle hops, 4.5% a.a. (30 min)
- 8 oz Milk sugar (lactose) (10 min)
- 8 oz Maltodextrin (10 min)
- White Labs WLP810 San Francisco Lager yeast
- Original Gravity: 1.069
- Final Gravity: 1.022
- ABV: 7.2%
- IBU: 12.6
- SRM: 35.6
- Boil Time: 60 minutes
- Efficiency: 72%
- Pre-boil Volume: 13.44 gallons
Conduct a single infusion mash at 150° F for 60 minutes, with a mash pH of 5.2. Sparge with 168° F water. Boil for 60 minutes, following the additions listed in the ingredients section. Ferment at 64° F.