This classic English mild from Cedar Rapids’ Lion Bridge Brewing has taken home two gold medals at the Great American Beer Festival in 2014 and 2016. This biscuity chocolate mild is easy and smooth—sure to be crowd pleaser.
This homebrew recipe is featured in Top 50 Commercial Clone Beer Recipes. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Lion Bridge Brewing Co. Compensation English Dark Mild | Mild
- 8 lb Crisp Maris Otter
- 3 lb Weyermann Munich Malt
- 1.5 lb Weyermann Melanoidin Malt
- 1.25 lb Crisp Pale Chocolate
- 1 lb Rahr White Wheat
- 1 lb Crisp Amber Malt
- 0.75 lb Crisp C77
- 0.5 lb Crisp Brown Malt
- 0.5 oz German Magnum hops, 13.3% a.a. (60 min)
- 1.0 oz UK Fuggles hops, 5.5% a.a. (10 min)
- 1.0 oz UK Fuggles hops, 5.5% a.a. (whirlpool)
- White Labs Dusseldorf Alt yeast
- Original Gravity: 1.046
- Final Gravity: 1.014
- ABV: 4.2%
- IBU: 13
- Boil Time: 75 minutes
- Efficiency: 75%
Single Infusion Mash at 154 degrees Fahrenheit for 75 mins.
Conduct a 75 minute boil, following the hop schedule as listed in the ingredients.
Ferment at 68° F until terminal gravity is reached.