Drop Bear APA from Lynnwood Grill & Brewing (Raleigh, N.C.) is brewed with Mosaic, El Dorado, and Galaxy hops that are nicely balanced by a mix of two-row, Munich, and caramel malts.
This homebrew recipe is featured in Top 50 Commercial Clone Beer Recipes. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Lynnwood Brewing Drop Bear APA | American Pale Ale
- 11 lb Great Western 2-row malt
- 6 oz Briess Munich malt (10L)
- 4 oz Briess Caramel malt (20L)
- 4 oz Briess Caramel malt (40L)
- 0.5 oz Mosaic hops, 12.25% a.a. (15 min)
- 0.7 oz El Dorado hops, 15% a.a. (10 min)
- 0.7 oz Galaxy hops, 14% a.a. (5 min)
- 0.8 oz El Dorado hops, 15% a.a. (whirlpool)
- 0.8 oz Galaxy hops, 14% a.a. (whirlpool)
- 0.8 oz Mosaic hops, 12.25% a.a. (whirlpool)
- 3.0 oz Galaxy hops (dry)
- 1.5 oz El Dorado hops (dry)
- 1.5 oz Mosaic hops (dry)
- White Labs WLP001, Wyeast 1056 or Safale S04
- Original Gravity: 1.013
- ABV: 5.5%
- SRM: 5.3
- Boil Time: 60 minutes
Mash at 153° F (Sulfate to Chloride at 1:1). Boil for 60 minutes and follow the hop additions as listed in the ingredients. Ferment at 67° F, and add dry hops after fermentation is complete.