Bring a taste of Lahaina, Hawaii home to your brew kettle. This big tropical IPA is brewed with passion fruit, orange, and guava (get it?—POG).
This homebrew recipe is featured in Top 50 Commercial Clone Beer Recipes. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Maui Brewing Company POG IPA | Fruit Beer
- 10 lbs 2-Row
- 5 oz Honey Malt
- 10 oz Carapils
- 0.3 oz bittering hop, 18% a.a. (60 min)
- 0.5 oz Citra hops (15 min)
- 0.5 oz El Dorado hops (15 min)
- 0.5 oz Citra hops (whirlpool)
- 0.5 oz El Dorado hops (whirlpool)
- 2.0 oz El Dorado hops (dry)
- 2.0 oz Citra hops (dry)
- 6-8 whole Guavas
- 6 oranges, peeled
- 10 Lilikoi (Passionfruit); slice open, remove seeds
- California Ale yeast
- Original Gravity: 16 P (1.065)
- Final Gravity: ~2.9 P (1.012)
Combine guava, peeled oranges and Lilikoi juice in bowl and puree together. Fresh fruit can be added to the kettle late in the boil. Fruit could also be sterlized seperately and added to the fermentation in between 3-4.5 P (1.012-1.018).
Conduct a mash at 150° F for 60-75 minutes.
Follow the boil schedule as indicated in the ingredients.
Ferment at 68° F for 5-7 days, and then dry hop.