Annie Johnson of Sacramento, CA, member of the ESB (East Sacramento Brewers), won a gold medal in Category #1: Light Lager during the 2013 National Homebrew Competition Final Round in Philadelphia, PA. Johnson’s Light Lager was chosen as the best among 203 final round entries in the category and helped earn the 2013 NHC Homebrewer of the Year Recipe title.
To see other winning homebrew recipes from the 2013 National Homebrew Competition, visit our archive of National Homebrew Competition winners.
Mow The Damn Lawn | Lite American lager
- 8.3 lb (3.76 kg) two-row pale malt
- 2.0 lb (0.9 kg) flaked rice
- 0.7 oz (20 g) Hallertauer pellets (60 min)
- White Labs American lager (4 L starter)
- 1 Whirlfloc tab
- Original Gravity: 1.048
- Final Gravity: 1.008
- ABV: 5.30%
- SRM: 2
- Single infusion mash at 149° F (65° C) for 60 minutes.
- Primary fermentation for 21 days at 48° F (9° C).
- Secondary Fermentation for 30 days at 32° F (0° C).
- Force Carbonated to 2 vol.