Ozark Beer Co. brews this traditional Belgian-style golden ale with pilsen malt and noble hops that lend aromas of apples and pears. The perfectly timed hop additions makes it a light, dry and very refreshing homebrew.
This homebrew recipe is featured in 51 Craft Beer Clone Recipes 2019. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Ozark Beer Co. Belgian Golden Ale | Belgian and French Ale
- 6.0 lbs (3.23kg) Briess Pilsner malt
- 2.33 lbs (1.29 kg) Briess Pale Ale malt
- 4.8 oz (161.6 g) Briess White Wheat
- 4.8 oz (161.6 g) Briess Raw White Wheat
- 1.9 oz (65.2 g) Weyerman Acidulated
- 0.6 oz (14.2 g) Sterling, 8.4% aa @ 60 min
- 0.6 oz (14.2 g) Sterling, 8.4% aa @ 45 min
- 0.6 oz (14.2 g) Sterling, 8.4% aa @ 5 min
- Omega Yeast Labs OYL-500 Saisonsteins Monster or your favorite Belgian/French DRY saison strain
- 5.7 g Gypsum in mash
- 1.3 g Calcium Chloride @ 45 min in boil
- 1.6 g Yeast Nutrient @ 15 min in boil
- 1 Tab Whirlfloc @ 10 min in boil
- Original Gravity: 1.055 (13.5 P)
- Final Gravity: 1.004
- ABV: 6.7%
- IBU: 33
- SRM: 3.4
Mash at 152° F (67° C) with 11.3 qt of 164° F (73.3° C) strike water for 30 min. Vorlauf for 15 min or until clear. Sparge with 20 qt of water at 170° F (76.7° C). Boil for 75 min while following hop and process aid schedule. Cool wort to 75-80° F (23.9-26.7° C) and pitch yeast. Ferment at 80° F (26.7° C) until terminal gravity is reached. Crash and carb to 2.6 volume.