Philip Blosser of Oregon, OH, member of the Glass City Mashers, won a gold medal in Category #1: Light Lager during the 2017 National Homebrew Competition Final Round in Minneapolis, MN. Blosser’s Light Lager was chosen as the best among 89 entries in the category.
To see other winning homebrew recipes from the 2017 National Homebrew Competition, visit our archive of National Homebrew Competition winners.
Phil’s Lager | American Lager
- 6 lb (2.72 kg) German Pilsner Malt
- 0.25 lb (113 g) 10°L Caramel malt
- 0.25 lb (113 g) 20°L caramel malt
- 0.3 oz (8.5 g) Centennial, 8.4% a.a. (60 min.)
- 2 L Starter Fermentis Saflager W-34/70
- 1 Whirlfloc tablet
- Original Gravity: 1.035
- Final Gravity: 1.005
- ABV: 3.9%
Single infusion mash at 152° F (67° C) for 90 minutes.
Primary Fermentation: 15 days at 54°F (12°C).
Secondary Fermentation: 14 days at 34°F (1°C).