Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Kegkits/Tom Hargrave  (Read 11637 times)

Offline glitterbug

• Assistant Brewer
  • dallas, tx
Re: Kegkits/Tom Hargrave
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2010, 10:58:23 am »
Ok, go ahead and do whatever you feel you need to do.  Just a little friendly advice, carry on....

I think you should be taking action, I just don't think going through the BBB is the best way to do it in this case.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire

txbrewer

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2010, 01:10:09 pm »
Ok, go ahead and do whatever you feel you need to do.  Just a little friendly advice, carry on....

I think you should be taking action, I just don't think going through the BBB is the best way to do it in this case.

If you mean I should be driving 12 hours to kick his a$$, then I'm not going to do that.  If you read back through this thread, you will see that I have reported him to the TX attorney general's office, the AL attorney general's office, the FBI's internet crime division, the Federal Trade Commission, the IRS and finally the BBB.  With all of that, I got a response from the TX attorney general's office telling me that they were looking into it.  That's all.  The BBB is at least communicating with me.  Like I said, as much as I would like to, I'm not going to go beat him up.  I've worked a long time for what I have, I'm not going to give it all up to an a$$ like this in civil court.  But like I said, you're free to do whatever you feel you need to do. 

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2010, 01:18:28 pm »
I think spreading the word amongst the brewing community will do the most damage...although it doesn't really help your financial loss. 

Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

txbrewer

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2010, 01:27:14 pm »
I think spreading the word amongst the brewing community will do the most damage...although it doesn't really help your financial loss. 

Agree with you 100%.  I only lost a little less than $50 from him, so it's not going to bankrupt me.  However, if you look at the forums out there, he is ripping people off for hundreds of dollars.  And those are the ones who are admitting they've been taken by this guy. How many are embarrassed by it and won't talk about it?  It's the principal.  And it's the fact that the state of AL and the city of Huntsville allow this scam artist to stay in business.  That's the sad part.  So, I try to keep my posts freshened up and at the top of these forums so that as many people as possible see them.

Offline glitterbug

• Assistant Brewer
  • dallas, tx
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2010, 01:40:37 pm »

If you mean I should be driving 12 hours to kick his a$$, then I'm not going to do that.  If you read back through this thread, you will see that I have reported him to the TX attorney general's office, the AL attorney general's office, the FBI's internet crime division, the Federal Trade Commission, the IRS and finally the BBB.  With all of that, I got a response from the TX attorney general's office telling me that they were looking into it.  That's all.  The BBB is at least communicating with me.  Like I said, as much as I would like to, I'm not going to go beat him up.  I've worked a long time for what I have, I'm not going to give it all up to an a$$ like this in civil court.  But like I said, you're free to do whatever you feel you need to do. 

I'm going to spell this out for you:
1. Contact your bank
2. Report the fraud
3. Get your money back

Now someone has a vested interest in resolving this matter (the bank or the cc company). They may even impose a fine on him. After a certain number of complaints, he may no longer be able to take cc payments.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire

txbrewer

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2010, 01:50:34 pm »

I'm going to spell this out for you:
1. Contact your bank
2. Report the fraud
3. Get your money back

Now someone has a vested interest in resolving this matter (the bank or the cc company). They may even impose a fine on him. After a certain number of complaints, he may no longer be able to take cc payments.
[/quote]

Ok, you're obviously not reading nor are you paying attention.
1.  I don't want to contact the bank.  Understand, I'm going after this guy for theft and anything else I can.  I've asked him for my money or my goods, he hasn't delivered, therefore he has stolen my money.
2.  Again, read my above post about who I have reported the fraud to.
3.  It is worth the $50 to me in order to get the guy for theft and fraud.  I have given him the chance to make this right, he refuses to do so.

Again, read the posts. He has been getting charge backs from the credit card companies for years.  Apparently they do not care, as they continue allowing him to collect those payments.  Ebay at least had the guts to kick him off their site.

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2010, 08:51:12 pm »
txbrewer,
Thank you for letting us know about Kegkits.
No need to get agitated in here.
Thank you
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

txbrewer

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2010, 08:47:02 am »
For those who tend to think that this guy is "working to make things right", here is how he is working to make things right on my complaint to the BBB.  And the state of AL continues to allow him to steal from consumers.

Date Activity Description
03/19/2010  Case Closed - UNANSWERED   
03/19/2010  Inform Business - Case Closed UNANSWERED   
03/19/2010  Inform Consumer - Case Closed UNANSWERED   
03/19/2010  Inform Consumer No Response from Business   
03/19/2010  No Response received from Business on 2nd Notice   
03/04/2010  Second Notice to Business   
03/04/2010  Consumer - Have You Heard From the Company   
03/04/2010  No response to first notice to business