Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Logo Feedback  (Read 25668 times)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Logo Feedback
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2013, 12:49:07 pm »
I'm also a fan of the first logo, as it is the easiest to read and has character. I'm a Facebook user and understand that everyone doesn't participate, but think it's a valuable resource for many.
Ron Price

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2013, 01:15:05 pm »
Now that I've seen them...

Of the ones posted I'd choose #1 also.  For the same reasons as others have said.  I think I would go for a more detailed, bigger bug.  Nothing that looks like it could eat the kids or anything.  The ones posted get the idea across but don't really stick with you. 

Sorry for riding the Facebook alt.thread.  8^(  My only redeeming grace there is you should have seen the rant I didn't post.  That one would have gotten the thread locked.

Good luck on the brewery planning!

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline SecondRow_Sean

• Assistant Brewer
  • North of the Wall, NY
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2013, 01:19:37 pm »
For what it's worth, I like #2.

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2013, 01:40:08 pm »
Here are my first thoughts on some of your logos. I deleted any where my only comments would be repeats from previous.

This one says party like it's 1999 and we're using WordArt to make a free logo.  I don't like this bug shape as much as the other one. And I don't know why it's on an egg.

I like clean designs, so I like this bug shape the best. It's modern and clean.

Repeat the 1999 WordArt comment for the semi-circle text. Also, the font is funny, but it doesn't say anything about your company.

I like this concept - The oversized design is one of the few that makes the bug seem BIG.

Are these eyes?

Not bad - Your name is easily read and understood. The font is unique but doesn't detract from remembering the logo. Again, I like the other bug better.

Meh

1999 and difficult to read font

Trainwreck

This and the one above are my favorites. Nice bold, easy to read letters. A downfall is there are plenty of other breweries with banner-style logos so this might not stand out.

Do you put eggs in your beer?

Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2013, 02:50:48 pm »
Trainwreck

It really bothers me that the first and last letters don't line up on the bottom.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2013, 03:21:53 pm »
Trainwreck

It really bothers me that the first and last letters don't line up on the bottom.

man the engi-nerds ruin everything.

...I noticed it hours ago.   ;D

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2013, 03:58:17 pm »
Bug +egg=larvae <appealing

Think tipsy sarcastic customers
Big bug,  bad bug,  bed bug, lady bug, aphids, hops with aphids

I would make big bug bigger than brewery. Its big but not as big as brewery. Maybe just a big bug and no words. Kind of like the white album. It didn't say white album on it. Let the customer be smart and figure it out.

"Friends don't let friends drink bad beer"

Offline SecondRow_Sean

• Assistant Brewer
  • North of the Wall, NY
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2013, 04:26:17 pm »
This guy asked for feedback and he sure got it.

Almost like a "command climate survey" in the Army.

Offline nateo

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2013, 04:28:33 pm »
I would make big bug bigger than brewery. Its big but not as big as brewery. Maybe just a big bug and no words.

I actually really like that idea. I'm picturing a giant ladybug looking down on a tiny factory.
In der Kürze liegt die Würze.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Logo Feedback
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2013, 04:34:19 pm »
Agree with some of what mntrockclimber said but, the thing is, the designs he liked the best don't really show the type you are going to use which is important. Typography may be the most important aspect in graphic design. The way your name is read says as much about you as you branding says. I like #1 (with some reservations) because it works a branding image (the bug) in with your name.  None of the other images do this.

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
Logo Feedback
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2013, 07:39:37 pm »
Personally I keep seeing a lady bug and they just don't convey big bug in my world.

I liked #1 best for visual appeal and transfer to marketing products but I just don't see big bug at all.....maybe that's what will make it work,)
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline peteck727

• 1st Kit
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2013, 08:55:12 pm »
SHAZAM!! That is way more feedback than I was expecting and I love it. I appreciate everyone being so willing to share their opinions with us!

First, I'd like to thank "anthony" for posting the images directly to this thread for those who don't have facebook. (sorry to the rest for not doing that myself. I just liked the idea of having feedback on facebook so I could easily look at likes and comments on each individual logo without having to parse the comments out myself)

Second, I'd like to clarify where in the design phase we are. This is currently a "first pass". I am working with a professional designer and these are basically the rough draft for where we could be headed. Once we choose a logo (or not) from this set we will be working with our designer to get revisions made and make bring the logos up to a professional level. I should have clarified this in my initial post but wasn't expecting nearly the response we got! Very exciting.

Third, if you one logo or parts of a logo jump out to you please let us know. We can work with our designer to incorporate any of the feedback we get. Ideas for how to modify these logos for the better are greatly appreciated!!

Also, just some FYI for those who were looking for more info on our brewery in planning
www.bigbugbrewing.com
www.facebook.com/bigbugbrewing
@bigbugbrewing

Thanks again for your help! I am pumped about the amount of feedback we received. Even the facebook debate part ;)

Cheers,
Pete

Offline anthony

• Brewer
  • Hoppy to help!
    • Triptych
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2013, 09:18:28 pm »
Just looked at your blog for a second and noticed you were in Champaign. Did you make it down to my brewery in Savoy or just Destihl and the Blind Pig? I am guessing I was out of town at the time for the Craft Brewers Conference in DC.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2013, 09:19:13 pm »
I think Facebook is so yesterday. Twitter is the new cool kid. But the real coolness is just not having any of it. If Oden wanted us to tweet he would have given is beaks

"Friends don't let friends drink bad beer"

Offline peteck727

• 1st Kit
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2013, 09:38:13 pm »
Anthony,
Sadly we didn't make it to you're brewery. If I had known about it a month ago we certainly would have stopped by! We actually found the other two breweries in Champagne by luck while trying to find a hotel. I just watched your video on kickstarter. Congratulations on getting your brewery up and running!!

Cheers!
Pete

ps do you know why they call it Destihl?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:44:18 pm by peteck727 »