Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing this Weekend?  (Read 423477 times)

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: What's Brewing this Weekend?
« Reply #2955 on: August 09, 2020, 02:29:17 pm »
I just put a Rye IPA in the fermenter.  1.063, 65IBU. 
50% Pils, 20 Rye, 20 Vienna, 8 Pale Wheat, 2 C120. 
Columbus for bittering, Centennial and Willamette at 15 and Cascade at flameout.  I’ll dry-hop with Centennial and Cascade.
Bry-97.

Sounds delicious! Seems like we're of a similar mind in "classic" hopping choices.

Yeah, I saw your recipe and had to do a double-take.  Might not be on the same page, but we are reading the same chapter.  Lol.

I stole my hop schedule from a consensus of clone recipes for Lagunitas IPA.  I love the hop buzz that I get from that beer and figured it was worth a shot. 

Offline Andy Farke

• Brewer
  • Homebrewing Paleontologist
    • Andy's Brewing Blog
« Reply #2956 on: August 09, 2020, 02:57:07 pm »
Yeah, I saw your recipe and had to do a double-take.  Might not be on the same page, but we are reading the same chapter.  Lol.

I stole my hop schedule from a consensus of clone recipes for Lagunitas IPA.  I love the hop buzz that I get from that beer and figured it was worth a shot.

Same here! Looking forward to hearing how your version turns out.
Facebook: Farke Brewing

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2957 on: August 13, 2020, 08:49:48 pm »
The brewery is setup up to brew an Australian Ale featuring Galaxy and Motueka hops tomorrow AM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline TANSTAAFB

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2958 on: August 13, 2020, 09:05:13 pm »
We just bought our first house-- so freakin happy to have a garage again! So nothing brewing quite yet, but one step closer digging all my stuff out. And got the kegerators set up, woohoo! Until I get my electrician buddy over to wire up the 240 in the garage I'll be back to propane. Can't remember the last time I brewed on my burner!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #2959 on: August 13, 2020, 09:15:47 pm »
Hook’em Horns!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline TANSTAAFB

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2960 on: August 13, 2020, 09:32:51 pm »
Hook 'em!

Offline TANSTAAFB

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2961 on: August 13, 2020, 09:36:45 pm »
Took me a sec to find my cup in that pic! Brain said "Hell yeah, Hook'em ...wait...what...where...why...got it...you need bigger horns in the brewery so that doesn't happen again!"

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #2962 on: August 14, 2020, 12:24:02 pm »
Brewed a Wet Hop Pale Ale today with hops my wife and I picked last evening at a small farm in NW Ohio. The hops were Chinook and Cascade. The first time I have been able to brew in almost 3 months because of moving and hanging at our UP house for a few months. Time to get some kegs filled up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan Chisholm

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #2963 on: August 15, 2020, 10:30:26 am »
Brewing a Classic American Pilsner with 78% 6-row, 22% flaked maize, Saaz hops, and Mexican Lager yeast.

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #2964 on: August 15, 2020, 10:44:16 am »
Brewing a Classic American Pilsner with 78% 6-row, 22% flaked maize, Saaz hops, and Mexican Lager yeast.
I wish I had that on tap right now. It has been hot around here.

Dan Chisholm

Fire Rooster

« Reply #2965 on: August 18, 2020, 05:39:02 am »
AG Batch#37, 4.25 gal

7 lbs Epiphany Vienna
1 lb White Wheat

90 min mash
60 min boil

2 oz Amarillo (8.5AA)
60 min .5
40 min .5
10 min .5
05 min .5

US-05

3 Week ferment, basement ambient 64 F
3 week bottle carb/cond @ 73 F
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 05:47:02 am by Fire Rooster »

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2966 on: August 18, 2020, 07:47:51 am »
Gearing up to do my first brew in the Grainfather G70 on Fri.  Being my first time using it, I'm gonna limit myself to 12 gal. instead of going for the whole 15. Thinking Vienna lager since it's been 20 years since I've made one.  I've got a bag of Mecca Grade Vanora on hand, along with pils, Munich , various crystals and some dark malts.  Intending on using Diamond Lager yeast.  If anyone has thoughts on building a Vienna, I'm open to suggestions.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline MattyAHA

• Brewer
« Reply #2967 on: August 18, 2020, 08:19:22 am »
german pils this weekend for me \m/ \m/ maybe a stout too if i don't get lazy
Matty

"This sweet nectar was my life blood"-  Phil "Landfill" krundle

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #2968 on: August 18, 2020, 01:19:18 pm »
Gearing up to do my first brew in the Grainfather G70 on Fri.  Being my first time using it, I'm gonna limit myself to 12 gal. instead of going for the whole 15. Thinking Vienna lager since it's been 20 years since I've made one.  I've got a bag of Mecca Grade Vanora on hand, along with pils, Munich , various crystals and some dark malts.  Intending on using Diamond Lager yeast.  If anyone has thoughts on building a Vienna, I'm open to suggestions.
I prefer the recipes with a majority of the grist Vienna Malt with maybe a little bit of Pils malt and a touch of Carafa for color. I just got a packet of Diamond Lager yeast and I have never used it before. If you have used it, what’s your take on it?

Dan Chisholm

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2969 on: August 18, 2020, 02:25:50 pm »
I prefer the recipes with a majority of the grist Vienna Malt with maybe a little bit of Pils malt and a touch of Carafa for color. I just got a packet of Diamond Lager yeast and I have never used it before. If you have used it, what’s your take on it?

Used it several times, love it and planning on using it for this batch.  I was planning on 100% Vienna.  Think I should cut it with something?
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell