Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Speidel Fermenter  (Read 12531 times)

Offline Jeff M

• Brewmaster
  • Currently upgrading to Brewery 3.0
Re: Speidel Fermenter
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2014, 07:59:00 pm »
If spiedel treats them like most conical companies treat their products, it may not include the 20% headspace that a batch that size would require, so if a 30L is meant to ferment 30L, then its 36-40L fermenter.

2cents
Granite Coast Brewing Company.
Building a clone of The Electric Brewery to use as a pilot system for new recipes!

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2014, 09:35:50 am »
I have used the spigot on my Spiedel 30L to transfer beer from fermenter to keg several times recently. In a nutshell, the spigot is easy to use with a fast clean transfer.

First, I spray the spigot with starsan. Next, I attach sanitized 1/2" ID vinyl tubing to the spigot and let her rip.

It's so fast I overflowed a keg when I turned my back for 1 minute a few days ago. The wife was not pleased.

The transfer grabs a few bursts of yeast when you first start. If you don't jostle the fermenter while transferring, you get clear beer in the tubing after about 1-2 seconds of yeast. When taking the first draft from a keg I still get clean beer after dumping the first half pint.

Offline jaftak22

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2014, 12:34:25 pm »
Hey I have been wanting one of these for a while. Is there somewhere cheaper than more beer?

Offline thatgeekguy

• Cellarman
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2014, 12:30:24 pm »
Not that I know of.
I'm only here for the beer....

Offline Stevie

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2014, 02:59:34 pm »

Hey I have been wanting one of these for a while. Is there somewhere cheaper than more beer?

Pretty sure they got an exclusive in the us.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2014, 04:08:17 pm »

I see them at BFD is sac so Morebeer isn't the only game. but I haven't seen cheaper than morebeer. I think they are free shipping items as well.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2014, 04:21:42 pm »
I bought two from more beer, then asked my LHBS and they got me two more at more beer price minus shipping

Offline Stevie

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2014, 05:18:23 pm »

I see them at BFD is sac so Morebeer isn't the only game. but I haven't seen cheaper than morebeer. I think they are free shipping items as well.

Hmm... Maybe he uses MoreBeer for his wholesale. I know other shops in the sac area have in the past and much of the hardware sold at my current LHBS is fermentap (morebeer's house brand). I needed a carbon filter one weekend (pre-RO) and ran up to an LHBS that I knew carried them. Packaging was identical down to the fulfillment bar codes that MoreBeer uses. MoreBeer price $8, other place price $20.

Offline tookalisten

• 1st Kit
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2014, 11:40:00 am »
Breaking mine in today - approx 11 gallons of Porter in a 60L. 
I found a stopper with a lower profile and use the standard airlock. 

Primary:
Kegged: IPA, Amber, Brown, Pale Ale